Aviation, Transport and Logistics Aviation Piloting
The programme will enhance students’ knowledge and skills of flight control through participation in flight simulation practice. It is designed for those who have acquired the basic Private Pilot Licence (PPL) theory knowledge and would like to prepare themselves for the real flying training at the initial stage up to the First Solo level.
Students will have practical experience at the latest and advanced single-engine fixed-wing with six degrees of freedom (6DOF) motion base flight simulator with a realistic experience of the normal and abnormal flight training environment.
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) of the programme:
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- identify the safety requirements of aircraft control;
- explain the procedures of a standard circuit flying in normal and emergency situations at the pre-solo level training;
- apply knowledge and skills in aircraft control through flight simulation practice.
The programme consists of a total of 30 lectures and simulation practical hours. Topics include:
- Flight safety and flight simulation operational environment
- Basic flight fundamentals and control
- Standard circuit flying procedure in normal situation
- Abnormal and emergency procedures
- Aircraft recovery training
Students who have completed the whole programme (70% Attendance) plus a pass in the assessment will be awarded a Certificate for Module (Flight Simulation Training: Single Engine Fixed Wing Aircraft) within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Hong Kong Flight Training Centre (www.hkftc.com)
HKFTC will recommend qualified teachers for the delivery of the programme.
- 1- hour written test (20%)
- Flight Simulation examination (80%)
# HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes on the timetable if necessary.
## HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the programme.
Days / Time
- Monday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- Fortress Tower Learning Centre
Island South (Pokfulam) Campus
3 Wah Lam Path, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
- Tutors from Hong Kong Flight Training Centre (www.hkftc.com).
There will be 4 theory briefing sessions, and 6 Flight Simulation Training sessions.
Briefing sessions (Monday)
Flight Simulation Training (other weekday besides Monday depending on the assigned group)
- have completed the Recreational Pilot Licence (RPL) theory module of the Certificate in Australian Private Pilot Licence Training Programme (Cert PPL) at HKU SPACE;
- i) hold a Recreational Pilot Licence (RPL) from any country or equivalent;
ii) have gained:
- Level 2 or above in English Language in the HKDSE Examination; or equivalent; OR
- Level 2 or above in English Language in the HKCEE in or after 2007; OR
- Grade E in English Language (Syllabus B) or Grade C in English Language (Syllabus A) in the HKCEE before 2007.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$5200 per programme
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Flight Simulation Training: Single Engine Fixed Wing Aircraft)
|COURSE CODE 33C138344||FEES $5,200||ENQUIRY 2975-5887|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Flight Simulation Training: Single Engine Fixed Wing Aircraft)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- Complete the Application Form (SF26), together with copies of relevant certificates and a cheque payable to HKU SPACE
- Submit to any HKU SPACE Enrollment Centers in person OR
- Post to Programme Team (Attn: Mr Dickson Chau), 13/F Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Programme Team will confirm your application after the application deadline.
- More Programmes of
- Aviation Piloting
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate in Australian Private Pilot Licence Training Australian Private Pilot Licence Theory Training (for Secondary School Students) Certificate for Module (Operation Procedures of Commercial Flying in Hong Kong) ICAO Aviation English Language Proficiency Training Bachelor of Aviation Management Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management Certificate for Module (Helicopter Flying Fundamentals) Certificate in Aviation Studies (Senior Secondary Applied Learning)