Accounting & FinanceFinance and Compliance
Finance and Compliance
Compliance departments of banks and brokerage firms have been expanding in both size and importance over the past few years, and they are certain to keep growing for the foreseeable future. Financial institutions are putting more resources into their compliance teams to minimize the possibility of receiving fines from regulators. Many high paying jobs have been created in finance and compliance. Our programmes in anti-money laundering, financial compliance and regulation will provide with you the basic information of a job in the compliance industry and advice on how to build a successful career.
Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) works together with the banking industry to introduce an industry-wide competency framework – Enhanced Competency Framework (ECF) on Anti-money Laundering and Counter-financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) to support talent development in AML/CFT. The syllabus will be provided by the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB) and this programme is offered for students to prepare for the ECF on AML/CFT Professional Level Examination.
Students who pass the examination with 3 years relevant work experience will be eligible to apply for Certified AML Professional (CAMLP). Please visit HKIB website (https://www.hkib.org/ ) for further information on examination arrangements.
- Students completing the Postgraduate Diploma in Finance and Law at HKU SPACE will be offered an exemption of 4 modules of this top-up master programme.
- The programme focuses on practical approaches in areas of derivatives, fund management and risk management.
- Ulster University is ranked in the top 25% of all UK universities for research.
HK$24,000 for dissertation
The Postgraduate Diploma in Finance and Law is designed to give you a sophisticated understanding of the legal and regulatory framework for the local and international financial sector.
The program is ideal for both law and non-law graduates and the flexible structure makes it ideal for working professionals and other practitioners who are looking to immerse themselves in the study of law and financial services.
As a student, you’ll study modules from a program that includes corporate governance, finance transactions, investment and venture capital, financial markets and regulatory framework.
HK$9,700 per Law module
- Top in the UK for Value Added to students by Guardian University Guide 2017
- Take Current Insights from Thematic Seminars in Finance
- Face-to-face Lecture 42 hours per Module
- Honours Top-up Degree in 2 years Part-time
- Exemption of Associate Financial Planner Certification Education Programme by Institute of Financial Planners of HK
- Cover part of Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) qualification’s required body of knowledge
- More than 2,000 Graduates in HK