Technology, Aviation, Engineering & SciencesAviation
Certificate for Module (Operation Procedures of Commercial Flying in Hong Kong)
- Course Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 19 Mar 2021 (Fri)
- 36 hours
- English, supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
The programme will equip students with a comprehensive understanding of the work operation procedures of commercial flying in Hong Kong. Students will also acquire knowledge and related information to be a commercial jet aircraft pilot. Experienced teachers including Captain or Senior pilots of local airlines.
Students who have completed the whole programme (70% Attendance) plus a pass in the assessment will be awarded a Certificate for Module (Operation Procedures of Commercial Flying in Hong Kong) within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) of the programme:
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- summarize the procedures of cockpit control and systems operation of commercial jet aircrafts;
- identify the qualifications and competency requirements of commercial jet aircraft pilots;
- explain the importance of the Crew Resources Management (CRM) in aviation operation.
The programme consists of 36 lecture hours (12 lessons). Topics include:
- Introduction to the jet aircraft
- Qualifications of professional pilots
- Commercial flying
- Communications on commercial flying
- Multi-crew operation environment
- Health of commercial pilots
- Crew Resources Management (CRM)
Hong Kong Flight Training Centre (www.hkftc.com)
# HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes on the timetable if necessary.
## HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the programme.
Fortress Tower Learning Centre
Given the COVID-19 situation might still be fluid, please note that the School may substitute face-to-face classes with online teaching if necessary. Our Programme Team will contact students concerned with details of such arrangements before the class starts or during the classes as necessary.
- Tutors from Hong Kong Flight Training Centre (www.hkftc.com).
- Captain or senior pilot of local airlines
Application Code: 1870-1811AW
Application Commencement: 19 Mar 2021
Application Deadline: 5 Mar 2021
Date / Time
Theory class (12 meetings):
Next class: To be advised
Class size: around 30 students
A. hold a Certificate in Australian Private Pilot Licence Training (Cert PPL) awarded within HKU system through HKU SPACE;
B. i) hold a Private Pilot Licence from any country or equivalent
ii) have gained:
- Level 2 or above in English Language in the HKDSE Examination; or equivalent; OR
- Level 2 or above in English Language in the HKCEE in or after 2007; OR
- Grade E in English Language (Syllabus B) or Grade C in English Language (Syllabus A) in the HKCEE before 2007.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$5100
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- Complete the Application Form (SF26), together with copies of relevant certificates and a cheque payable to HKU SPACE
- Submit to any HKU SPACE Enrollment Centers in person OR
- Post to Programme Team (Attn: Miss Connie Cheng), 13/F Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Programme Team will confirm your application after the application deadline.