Technology, Aviation, Engineering & Sciences Aviation
ICAO Aviation English Language Proficiency Training
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 54 hours
- Course Fee
This course does not teach general English; but is designed for students who aim to pursue a career as a Commercial Pilot and pass the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) English Proficiency Test at Level 4. The course design, curriculum and mock test are based on the requirements set out in the "Manual on the Implementation of ICAO Language Proficiency Requirements - 2nd addition 2010 doc 9835”.
The course consists of 54 lecture hours (18 lessons). Topics contain:
1. Air to Ground Communication
2. Cause and Effect
3. Questioning Techniques in the General Context of Aviation
4. Fatigue and Comparisons
5. Contrasting Ideas
6. Aviation Dilemmas Conditionals
7. Failed Landing Gear and Flight Deck Conversations
Students will be issued a "Statement of Achievement" if:
1. achieve at least 70% of class attendance
2. pass the mock ICAO English test
# HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes to the timetable if necessary.
## HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the course.
Days / Time
- Mon, Thu, 1900 - 2200
HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Stanley Ho Community College (HPSHCC) Campus
Given the COVID-19 situation might still be fluid, please note that the School may substitute face-to-face classes with online teaching if necessary. Our Programme Team will contact students concerned with details of such arrangements before the class starts or during the classes as necessary.
- Ms Rachel Sheiff - Aviation Communications Specialist and member of the International Civil Aviation English Association (ICAEA)
Class size: 20 - 25 students
Applicants shall have gained:
a. i) Level 2 in English Language in the HKDSE Examination; OR
ii) Level 2 in English Language in the HKCEE in or after 2007; OR
iii) Grade E in English Language (Syllabus B) or Grade C in English Language (Syllabus A) in the HKCEE before 2007
b. Be aged 18 or above.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
First Come First Served
- Course Fee : HK$11000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- Complete the Application Form (SF26), together with copies of relevant certificates and a cheque payable to HKU SPACE
- Submit to any HKU SPACE Enrollment Centers in person OR
- Post to Programme Team (Attn: Ms Clara Wong), 13/F Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong
Programme Team will confirm your application after the application deadline.