At HKU SPACE, we design and offer courses to meet your goals for General English, Business English and English for the Professions. These range from 30 hours to 90 hours and cover a broad spectrum of levels.
Reasons to improve your English at HKU SPACE:
- Polish your interpersonal and career skills
- Learn to communicate ideas more effectively
- Interact confidently with overseas and English speaking people
- Fine-tune your presentations and writing to project better impressions
- Stay up to date by learning about current English use
- Sharpen your competitive edge in today's global workplace
Open SPACE 2021 (5 June 2021)
Preparing for University Studies supported by a globally-recognised English Test - PTE Academic
To review, please click here.
Summer School 2021
English Langauge Assessments
This is the benchmark test in support of Continuing Education Fund (CEF) reimbursements of English Language course and benchmark test fees. This replaces the former Business Language Testing Service (BULATS) offered by the University of Cambridge.
The Cambridge Assessment English offers organisations a quick and convenient way of checking the English Language proficiency levels of your employees – the Linguaskill Tests.
- Linguaskill General
- Linguaskill Business
- Linguaskill Test & Continuing Education Fund
- For Individual English Language Learners
- For Corporates
- For Immigrants
- For HKDSEE 2020 Candidates
- For University Applicants
- Linguaskill Test Report & Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- Cambridge Linguaskill Test in Hong Kong
For details, please follow this link: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/collection/linguaskill
The Pearson offers a fast, fair, recoginzed and convenient test based on an unbiased approach - The PTE Academic test.
For details, please follow this link: pte-academic-pearson-english-language-test
Assessment Preparation Courses
- Sort by
- Programme Title
Get ready to impress with good results for International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Acquire essential skills and strategies for success, and a clear idea of your current English language abilities.
The course provides opportunities for course participants to acquire knowledge of public speaking techniques, and practise public speaking and presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences. Topics include:
- Delivering with an impact
- Using body language with effect
- Speaking with persuasiveness
- Using techniques to engage listening audiences
- Practising and critiquing speeches/presentations
1. describe the characteristics of different types of library and information centres;
2. develop skills and techniques required by library assistants in identification, acquisition, storage, organization, use and
circulation of information;
3. identify various application of information technologies in library services;
4. evaluate various categories of information resources, print or electronic for the provision of information service;