At HKU SPACE, we design and offer courses to meet your goals for General English, Business English and English for the Professions. These range from 30 hours to 90 hours and cover a broad spectrum of levels.
Reasons to improve your English at HKU SPACE:
- Polish your interpersonal and career skills
- Learn to communicate ideas more effectively
- Interact confidently with overseas and English speaking people
- Fine-tune your presentations and writing to project better impressions
- Stay up to date by learning about current English use
- Sharpen your competitive edge in today's global workplace
English Langauge Assessments
This is the benchmark test in support of Continuing Education Fund (CEF) reimbursements of English Language course and benchmark test fees. This replaces the former Business Language Testing Service (BULATS) offered by the University of Cambridge.
The Cambridge Assessment English offers organisations a quick and convenient way of checking the English Language proficiency levels of your employees – the Linguaskill Tests.
- Linguaskill General
- Linguaskill Business
- Linguaskill Test & Continuing Education Fund
- For Individual English Language Learners
- For Corporates
- For Immigrants
- For HKDSEE Candidates
- For University Applicants
- Linguaskill Test Report & Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- Cambridge Linguaskill Test in Hong Kong
For details, please follow this link: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/collection/linguaskill
The Pearson offers a fast, fair, recoginzed and convenient test based on an unbiased approach - The PTE Academic test.
For details, please follow this link: https://www.hkuspace.hku.hk/collection/english/pte-academic-pearson-english-language-test
Assessment Preparation Courses
- Sort by
- Programme Title
Every student will be given highly useful tips for success in mastering English speaking skills in an interactive way, participate in mock practice in speaking activities, including a group discussion of 3 or 4 students lasting up to 8 minutes and an individual response lasting one minute per student. Highly constructive feedback from the teacher will be given immediately after each round of mock practice. Students’ improvement areas will also be summarised, and a debriefing session will be conducted at the end each session.
Given the teacher’s solid experience of teaching and assessing secondary school students in Hong Kong, the input and feedback before and after the language activities will be highly useful for the students’ speaking skills development and self-improvement which ultimately benefit their HKDSE performance.