This 30-hour course gives learners more opportunities to enhance their speaking and listening skills. The course aims to consolidate learner's knowledge of grammar and vocabulary; widen their understanding of idiomatic and colloquial English; and develop their speaking and listening skills to help them deal with naturally spoken English.
Teaching & Teaching Venue
There is no guarantee that the teaching venue allocated for the entire course duration will be the same. Depending on room availability, teaching venues may be different from those advertised at the time this Pamphlet is published.
Should the need arise, due to unexpected circumstances and approval sought from respective authorities, virtual classes may be conducted to replace the normal face-to-face teaching-learning.
Instructors of all our courses are drawn from our panel of qualified and experienced English language teachers. Some of them are native speakers; others are local teachers with native speaker competence.
Applicants should note:
- The minimum entry requirements (as below). Applicants failing to meet the entry requirements may not have the chance to continue with the course.
- Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Unless any change is made to the advertised details, we will not issue joining instructions. If your application is accepted, you should go to the first session of the class at the time and place shown.
- No refunds or transfers to a different class will be approved.
Other courses under this series:
- Advanced Collocations
- Advanced Grammar
For more comprehensive information about SPACE English services, please visit:
Days / Time
- Friday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- 10 meeting(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
Holders of the following gain direct entry:
- HKU SPACE Certificate in General English (Upper Intermediate); or
- HKU SPACE Certificate in General English (Advanced); or
- HKU SPACE Certificate in Business English; or
- HKU SPACE Diploma in Business English; or
- HKU SPACE Advanced Diploma in Business English; or
- Grade E in HKALE Use of English; or
- Grade C (Syllabus B) / Grade A (Syllabus A) / Level 4 in HKCEE English Language / Level 4 in HKDSE English Language; or equivalent.
For result verification, copy(ies) of relevant course or examination result(s) must be attached to your applications.
Those who apply online should provide your supporting document(s) as email attachment(s) after your submission of online application. The email should be sent to Mr Shawn Mui, email@example.com and marked "Application for Advanced Speaking and Listening" in the subject line.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements or are unable to produce documentary proof(s) need to take the SPACE General English Entrance Examination.
- Course Fee : HK$3,600
- Third Age Rate : HK$2,880 (The course offers 20% discount for aged 60 or above. The number of discount places available in some courses is subject to a quota. Smart Age Learners must apply in person and present their HKID card/Passport for age verification at the time of their course enrolment.)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate course fee and supporting documents, to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChatPay or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChatPay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course fees in the form of a cheque, and supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
Notes to Applicants
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
- The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service; or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
- More Programmes of