Life & Health SciencesDietetics, Food & Nutrition
Understanding Food and Nutrition
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Financial assistance
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 07 Mar 2020 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- To be Advised
- 8 weeks
- Cantonese, supplemented with English. Teaching materials will be in English.
- Course Fee
This course is designed for individuals who have an interest in food, nutrition and health. It will provide them with a better understanding of a balanced diet and its importance for health and disease prevention.
|Application Code||1775-2035NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||07 Mar 2020 (Sat)|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 10:00am - 12:00pm
- 8 weeks
- HKU SPACE Learning Centre (Causeway Bay / Fortress Hill / North Point)
- Registered Dietitian
- Course Fee : HK$2,500
- Third Age Rate : HK$2,000 (The course offers 20% discount for aged 60 or above. The number of discount places available in some courses is subject to a quota. Third age learners must apply in person and present their HKID card/Passport for age verification at the time of their course enrolment.)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please complete and return the application form (SF 26) together with course fee to "HKU SPACE, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attn: Ms. Annie Siu)" or by credit card at any one of the HKU SPACE Learning Centres.
Course fee should be paid by crossed cheque made payable to HKU SPACE"Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.