SPACE General English Entrance Examination
- Course Code
- Application Code
1950-1937NW... more Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 1 day
SPACE General English Entrance Examination - Your Passport to HKU SPACE General English Programme. All courses under the General English Programme have their own entry requirements. Applicants who do not meet the stated entry requirements have to take the SPACE General English Entrance Examination to determine the most appropriate tier they should enter.
HKU SPACE General English Programme
The HKU SPACE General English Programme consists of multi-tier general English courses covering all four language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening. There are 7 tiers with each of the tiers becoming progressively more difficult:
Certificate in General English (Foundation)
Certificate in General English (Introductory)
Certificate in English Language Skills (Introductory)
Certificate in General English (Intermediate)
Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate)
Certificate in General English (Upper Intermediate)
Certificate in General English (Advanced)
Diploma in General English
Get admitted to the HKU SPACE General English Programme by:
(1) taking the SPACE General English Entrance Examination (a 90-minute test which determines the most appropriate tier and the best course to take); OR
(2) gaining direct entry by meeting the entry requirements (click the above links for details) and identify the right course to apply for.
For applicants with very basic English language proficiency, studying the Essential English course will be extremely helpful before enrolling in our General English programme.
For those applicants who want to acquire Business English training, you may be interested in the following:
For more comprehensive information about HKU SPACE English services, please visit: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/interest/languages/english
Find out the English course that best suits you by taking the SPACE General English Entrance Examination.
The SPACE General English Entrance Examination is a 90-minute written test. Applicants should be prepared to stay for approximately two hours.
Entrance Examination sessions for Admission to Autumn 2021 General English Programme:
*Sat, 25 Sep 2021, 10:30 am
Room 310, Admiralty Learning Centre
|1940-1344NW||Fri, 27 Aug 2021, 7:00 pm||Room 1407, Fortress Tower Learning Centre, Fortress Hill|
|1945-2895NW||Fri, 10 Sep 2021, 7:00 pm||Room 1407, Fortress Tower Learning Centre, Fortress Hill|
|Fri, 8 Oct 2021, 7:00 pm||Room 1407, Fortress Tower Learning Centre, Fortress Hill|
|1950-1940NW||Fri, 29 Oct 2021, 7:00 pm||Room 1407, Fortress Tower Learning Centre, Fortress Hill|
* Applicants taking the Entrance Exam on 25 September 2021 (Sat) should note:
Please pay the General English Entrance Exam Fee (HK$210) in cheque ( payable to “HKU SPACE” ) at least 15 minutes before the test which starts at 10:30 am on Saturday (25 September 2021). The Test Fee (HK$210) will be refunded to those who enrol into a General English course on the same day ie 25 September 2021.
Reserve seats by online registration.
Should you have problems in meeting the above schedules, phone our course staff for arrangements: 2975 5741 / 2975 5689 / 2975 5695.
Based on the Entrance Examination results, candidates will be offered a place at an appropriate tier in the HKU SPACE General English Programme.
Candidates with performance below the Certificate in General English (Foundation) may be advised to take the Essential English course before continuing with the seven-tier General English or other language skills development courses at HKU SPACE.
|Application Code||1950-1937NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||08 Oct 2021 (Fri)|
|Apply Online Now|
|Application Code||1950-1940NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||29 Oct 2021 (Fri)|
|Apply Online Now|
- Entrance Test Fee : HK$210 (Non-refundable)
Application Form General English Entrance Examination Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the SPACE General English Entrance Examination Application Form. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate course fee and supporting documents, to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
Once you have made the payment, go straight to the SPACE General English Entrance Examination session you have requested. For identification purposes, make sure that you take your receipt / confirmation letter with you.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChatPay or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChatPay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course fees in the form of a cheque, and supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
Notes to applicants
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
- The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service; or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
- More Programmes of
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate in General English (Foundation) Certificate in General English (Introductory) Certificate in English Language Skills (Introductory) Certificate in General English (Intermediate) Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) Certificate in General English (Upper Intermediate) Certificate in General English (Advanced) Diploma in General English Advanced Diploma in General English