Business & Management Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Preparatory Course for Global MBA Strategic Project: "Entrepreneurship and Innovation" Specialism
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 02 Jul 2022 (Sat)
- 6 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$17,600 per module
HKU SPACE and The University of London are offering Scholarship to all new GMBA students registered for the October 2021 intake at HKU SPACE. Students will only need to pay around HKD178,000 for the full GMBA programme.
Apply NOW to study a world-class GMBA!
This MBA (Master of Businss Administration) preparatory course aims to provide tuition support to students for studying the Global MBA, University of London (UOL), Academic Direction: Queen Mary. This strategic project is a capstone project involving the development of business research skills and their application to real world business and accounting-related problems. Core to the project is the requirement for students to acquire an underpinning in research methodology, applying research skills to the collection and analysis of data within an entrepreneurship-related scenario.
University of London (UOL)
Academic Direction: Queen Mary
This MBA programme provides students with an opportunity to develop and apply master's level knowledge, understanding and skills within management, leadership, innovation & entrepreneurship content.
- Flexible Online Study plus Face-to-Face Lectures taught by local experts.
- Queen Mary ranked 13th in the Times Higher Education, Best UK Universities in 2020; QS World University Ranking 2021 ranked 114th in the world (126th in 2020); ranked 11th overall in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF) rankings in 2014.
- Good value for resources: 1-2 years duration of study; tuition fees is around HK$170,500 in total.
- Exemptions for CIMA and ACCA members of up to 5 modules (total 11 course modules).
- Accreditation from Chartered Management Institute (CMI). Students can ever gain Chartered Manager status through the MBA.
- Global University of London community of more than 100,000 alumni from 180 countries.
Preparatory Course for Global MBA
This preparatory course is of 20 hours with an aim to provide tuition support to students for studying the Global MBA. Comprehensive online learning material is to be provided by UoL and this preparatory course will provide the essential face-to-face tuition teaching support.
The Global MBA equips you with a well-informed understanding of the pressures and challenges facing today’s global business leaders, whilst enabling you to implement cutting-edge approaches to management that will ensure success in your future roles.
To complete the MBA, you will need:
- Six core MBA modules
- Four elective modules
- A Strategic Project
The Core Modules
- Accounting and Finance
- Economics for Managers
- Marketing for Managers
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Successful Leadership
To achieve the general MBA, you will have to pass these six modules, any four elective modules, and the Strategic Project.
- MBA (Entrepreneurship & Innovation)
- MBA (Leadership)
Elective Specialism (“Entrepreneurship & Innovation”)
- Venture Capital and Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Private Equity
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Innovation and Change
- Strategic Project: “Entrepreneurship and Innovation” Specialism
Elective Specialism (“Leadership”)
- Leadership and Management Models
- Leadership, Transformation, and Organizational Change
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Leadership and Ethical Decision-Making
- Strategic Project: “Leadership” Specialism
To gain a specialist MBA, you will need to complete the six core modules, plus four elective modules, at least three of which must be from your chosen specialist area, plus the Strategic Project (also in your chosen specialist area).
Application for this Global MBA programme with UoL
Applicants must submit an application in line with the procedures and deadlines set out on UoL's website.
- Contact hour for this strategic project: 20 hours
Non-Local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
- Enrolment as a student of the University of London (Queen Mary) Global MBA programme is a re-requisite for admission into this course.
- Course Fee : HK$17,600 per module (Fees are reviewed annually and subject to change without prior notice. Mounting of each course is subject to sufficient enrolment and solely at the discretion of the School)
The University of London Global MBA is recognised by Chartered Management Institute (CMI), ensuring that your qualification adds significant value to your career prospects.
Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
CMI (Chartered Management Institute) promotes the highest standards in management and leadership excellence. It is the only organisation that awards Chartered Manager status, the hallmark of any professional manager.
The core modules and project of the Global MBA meet the requirements of the CMI’s Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership. Upon successful completion of the MBA, you will also receive this Diploma.
Chartered Manager (CMgr)
If you have at least three years of relevant work experience, you can even gain Chartered Manager status through the MBA.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
University of London (UOL)
The University of London (UoL), one of the oldest and largest universities in U.K., was established in 1836 by Royal Charter. The University is a federation of 19 self-governing Colleges together with a range of central academic activities. Its International Programmes allow students to undertake their studies outside London. The University stresses that the standard of the degree to ALL of its students, wherever they are studying, is the same. With effect from September 2009, HKU SPACE is an Affiliate Centre of the University of London in Hong Kong. This is to recognize that HKU SPACE has demonstrated a sustained commitment to developing high standard in respect of teaching, support and administration.
Academic Direction: Queen Mary
One of the UK’s leading universities, Queen Mary University of London (QMUL), provides academic direction and study support for the Global MBA. Queen Mary is responsible for the assessment of your degree. Queen Mary is one of the largest constituent colleges of the University of London, with 20,260 students from more than 150 countries. A member of the prestigious Russell Group, QMUL works across the humanities and social sciences, medicine and dentistry, and science and engineering, with inspirational teaching directly informed by its research. In the most recent assessment of research quality, the university was ranked ninth in the UK.
- More Programmes of
- Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
- Relevant Programmes
- Preparatory Courses for University of London (Queen Mary) Global MBA