Technology, Aviation, Engineering & SciencesAdvanced Technology & Computing
Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology (IT/IS Project Management)
CEF Reimbursable Course
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 16 Nov 2020 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- 12 months
- Course Fee
This programme is designed for IT professionals and IT project owners who would like to advance their career to the management level. The latest technical and project management skills including planning, design, auditing, budgeting, quality control and social medial application of IT projects will be covered.
The programme also equips graduates the necessary knowledge and skills in pursuing several industry-wide recognized professional qualifications including:
- Project Management Professional (by Project Management Institute PMI)
- Agile Certified Practitioner (by Project Management Institute PMI)
- Professional in Business Analysis (by Project Management Institute PMI)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) (by ISACA)
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
1. Formulate a well-structured management strategy for an IT project
2. Apply management tools in the work environment
3. Critically analyze the causes for the success or failure of an IT project
4. Review and apply the latest IT technology development and business applications in a work environment
The Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology (IT/IS Project Management) is conferred upon students who have successfully
- passed both the continuous assessment and written examination of each module; AND
- achieved at least 75% attendance of lectures for each module.
Days / Time
- Mon, Fri, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
The programme consists of 9 modules, each of which requires 21-30 contact hours, totaling 225 hours. Instruction is conducted on a lecture/workshop basis. Students are required to complete all the following modules:
|Module No.||Module Title|
- A degree in IT-related (or non-IT) subjects with at least 2 years' experience (3 years for non-IT) in project development or management, or
- Professional membership status in a professional IT organisation, or
- Professional membership status in a professional IT industry organisation, and
- Proficiency in English as shown by:
a. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; OR
b. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; OR
c. an overall band of 6.0 with no subtest lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; OR
d. a score of 550 in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 in the
computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 in theinternet-based TOEFL; OR
e. equivalent qualifications
- Course Fee : HK$32,000
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|PM001 Project Management Foundation – Scientific Aspects & PM003 Project Management Foundation – Behavioral Aspects (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology (IT/IS Project Management) programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z03028-0||FEES $8,000||ENQUIRY 2587-3226|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology (IT/IS Project Management)
|COURSE CODE 34G105605||FEES $30,800||ENQUIRY 2587-3232|
|Project Procurement Management [Module from the Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology (IT/IS Project Management)]|
|COURSE CODE 34Z105612||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2587-3232|
|IT Governance and Regulatory Compliance & Information System Audit [Modules from the Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology (IT/IS Project Management)]|
|COURSE CODE 34Z105620||FEES $5,920||ENQUIRY 2587-3232|
|Business Analysis Essentials & Agile Project Management [Modules from the Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology (IT/IS Project Management)]|
|COURSE CODE 34Z105639||FEES $6,960||ENQUIRY 2587-3232|
|Digital Social Media for Business & Retail Technology Management [Modules from the Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology (IT/IS Project Management)]|
|COURSE CODE 34Z105647||FEES $5,920||ENQUIRY 2587-3232|
Continuing Education Fund
Students must complete the stipulated combination of modules in order to be eligible for fee reimbursement.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Information Technology (IT/IS Project Management)
In addition to the academic award, this programme will prepare graduates to pursue the following professional certifications including:
- If students successfully complete and pass the examination of the three modules collaborated with PMI (HK Chapter) including PM001, PM002 & PM003 will receive the required 35 contact training hours which is one of prerequisites to sit for the examination of Project Management Professional (PMP) as offered by the Project Management Institute(PMI).
- If students successfully complete the module “PM007 Business Analysis Essentials”, they will be exempted from taking the required 30 training hours which is one of the prerequisites to sit for the examination of Professional in Business Analysis offered by the Project Management Institute (HK Chapter).
- The module “PM006 Information System Audit” prepares students for the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) examination as offered by the Information Systems Audit and Control Association(ISACA).
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
To apply, please:
- complete the SF26 enrollment form;
- bring original and copy of academic certificate and / or professional qualifications to Learning Centre to process certified true copies.
- More Programmes of
- Advanced Technology & Computing