Accounting & FinanceAccounting
Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Risk Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- 2-2020, 6-2020
- 12 months
- Course Fee
- HK$7000 per module
HKU SPACE offers a range of Postraduate Diploma programmes ranging...
HKU SPACE offers a range of Postraduate Diploma programmes ranging...
You only need to pay $5900 in total for 3 modules after CEF maximum subsidy reimbursement!
Our target students are executives,managers or directors who do not need to be IT experts. BUT they need to know how to assess and set up strategies for tackling the emerging cyber risk, how to handle business interruption and most importantly the REPUTATION Risk in Social Media.
This programme is UNIQUE and provides ALL-ROUND knowledge in cyber risk management for business executives.
It includes the following modules: Business and Professional Ethics, Cyber Risk Assessment and Resilience Strategy, Internal Control in AI Environment, Cyber Risk Safety and Frauds Prevention, Business Interruption Crisis Management and last but not least Crisis Management in Social Media.
This one-year part-time programme aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills to analyze cyber risks and put forward solutions to real-life business issues, thus helping management decision-making and strategic planning in the organisation. The programme comprises of 6 modules, students who complete all 6 modules will be awarded Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Risk Management within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Upon completion of the programme, students should be able to:
1. Examine the practices and systems in workplace with a focus of mitigating and managing risks;
2. Critically assess the importance and level of cyber risks and work out a recovery plan;
3. Design and implement practical mechanisms and safeguards to minimize business risks in organisations.
Each module of the Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Risk Management programme comprises 33-36 hours of face-to-face lectures. There are three terms in an academic year. Students are expected to enroll two modules per term.
Business and Professional Ethics
|Internal Control in AI Environment|
Cyber Risk Assessment and Resilience Strategy
Cyber Risk Safety and Frauds Prevention
Crisis Management in Social Media
Business Interruption Crisis Management
Graduates from Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management can apply exemptions of 2 modules: Business and Professional Ethics & Business Interruption Crisis Management. The exemption application must be made in writing with supporting documents at the same time when submitting the application form for the programme. Application fee of each module exemption is HK$500 (Non-refundable). Those with exempted modules are required to pay a fee of HK$1,000 per exempted module.
Business and Professional Ethics - Mr. David Roper, BSc, MBA, LLM (Chinese Business Law), FCIM
David has over 20 years senior management positions in large corporations i.e. Jardine Matheson and New World Telecom. He was the Managing Director of Octopus Rewards Limited. He is keen to share his successful experience in ethics and governance perspectives with students.
Business Interruption Crisis Management - Mr. Kegan Chan, CPA (Aust), CTA
Of the 14 years of professional accounting experience, Kegan spent his last 7 years specializing in Risk & Actuarial Consulting where he had assisted numerous multinational conglomerates over Asia Pacific in quantifying their business interruption risk exposures as well as crisis management consulting. Kegan is currently a Vice President at a global risk and insurance advisory firm and leads the analytics practice for Asia.
Crisis Management in Social Media – Mr. Yassine Benjelloun
Mr. Benjelloun is an international journalist and anchor, with a demonstrated history of working in media and communication industry, such as Turkish ‘AL-Raeed TV’ channel Reporter and Editor in Moroccan ‘Radio Tetouan SNRT’ channel. He received his Master Degree in Translation, Communication and Journalism in Abdel Malek Essaadi University, Morocco, focusing on broadcast media and communication.
Cyber Risk Assessment and Resilience Strategy – Ms. Chris Choi, BTech(IT), MFin, CBCP, CISA and ISACA technical writer
Chris is a seasoned Executive proficient in enterprise risk management, compliance, internal control and IT governance. She specialises in establishing risk assurance frameworks and programs in diverse geographical scope. She previously provided her expertise in HSBC and J.P. Morgan in Hong Kong and across Asia. Currently she is working in a financial regulatory body in Hong Kong.
Cyber Risk Safety and Frauds Prevention – Dr. Peter Yau, BSc(Hons), PGD, MMgmt, DBA, MACM, MBCS, MIEEE, MIET
Peter has over 10 years of industrial and training experience in both the technical and business domains. He was the IT Director of a consultancy firm, providing advisory and development service to the investment banks, universities, hospitals, government and global suppliers. He was the subject matter expert in one of the big four accounting firms and was invited to give a training program to the government official in an open forum which was funded by the European Union in Ulaanbaatar. He shares his knowledge in information technology by teaching in the tertiary education and conducting research. His doctoral research is Fintech related.
Internal Control in AI Environment – Mr. F. W. Wan, BSc, MSc, CISA
Mr. Wan leads AI and Robotics process automation (‘RPA’) risk advisory practice in an international advisory firm. Prior to joining the advisory sector, Mr. Wan was a regulator with primary focus on policy setting and issuing codes in relation to cyber security, electronic trading and robo-advisory areas. Previously, he also played a lead role in driving Asia Pacific technology audit team in a Top-tier US investment bank. He obtained a Master of Science degree from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Coming Modules offered in Nov 2019 intake*:
- Business Interruption Crisis Management (Lectures on Monday evenings)
Coming Modules offered in Feb 2020 intake*:
- Cyber Risk Assessment and Resilience Strategy
- Crisis Management in Social Media
* The above is tentative only and is provided to assist student's advanced planning, possible changes may be necessary due to teaching / administrative reasons.
Days / Time
- Monday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm [Business Interruption Crisis Management]
* The above schedule is tentative and subject to change due to teaching / administrative reasons.
Students will be assessed on the basis of their performance in module final examination and continuous assessment, which takes the form of case studies, individual reports and mid-term tests.
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$7000 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Crisis Management in Social Media (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Risk Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10200-1||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Business and Professional Ethics (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Risk Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10201-A||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Business Interruption Crisis Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Risk Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10202-8||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Internal Control in AI Environment (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Risk Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108325||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Cyber Risk Assessment and Resilience Strategy (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Risk Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108333||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Cyber Risk Safety and Frauds Prevention (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Risk Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z108341||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8421|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Risk Management
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.