Technology, Aviation, Engineering & SciencesAdvanced Technology & Computing
Foundation Certificate in Cloud Computing Architecture
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 02 Apr 2020 (Thu)
- Next intake(s)
- 2 months to 3 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
The cloud computing market in Hong Kong continues to grow since 2016. With the maturity of cloud computing architecture, foundation and technologies. The adoption of cloud technologies keeps increasing. Many Hong Kong enterprises have realized the advantages of cloud. They are willing to leverage cloud services to boost their business performance and to create innovative service offerings. With the increasing volume of data will be stored on clouds, there is a strong demand for cloud computing technology professionals in Hong Kong.
HKU SPACE announced at the Internet Economy Summit 2018 on 13 Apr 2018 that this programme will be launched in co-operation with Amazon Web Services (AWS), the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, and Cyberport. As a member institution of AWS Academy, HKU SPACE has access to an authorized cloud computing curriculum, developed and maintained by AWS.
The programme aims to equip students with the basic knowledge and practical skills in cloud computing for business. It provides students with fundamental knowledge of cloud computing as well as experiences in practical laboratories. Students will learn the best practices in deploying and implementing cloud computing applicable for unique business requirements.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Describe the values and benefits of cloud computing for business;
- Identify suitable methods and tools to minimise business risks in cloud computing;
- Select the appropriate options in optimizing resources for cloud computing in business;
- Apply architectural principles and best practices in automating the deployment of cloud resources.
William Pang - AWS Accredited Instructor (Certificate teacher), AWS Cloud Solutions Architect - Associate, CISSP
News about Cloud Computing Industry Development in Hong Kong:
HKUSPACE launching cloud certification course (ComputerWorldHK 2018-04-11)
What It Takes To Earn a Top-Paying AWS Certification (Global Knowledge)
設立大數據平台 革新政府電子服務 (創新及科技局局長網誌 2018-01-08)
數據中心 需求不斷 (Recruit.com 2018-01-05)
國際數據樞紐 推動創科發展 (創新及科技局局長網誌 2017-11-27)
大數據雲端Apps開發人才 薪優兼搶手 (香港經濟日報 2017-09-17)
Moving into a cloud career from traditional IT (ComputerWorldHK 2017-08-16)
本港IT人才渴市 雲端運算工程師加薪幅度最高16.2% (香港經濟日報2017-04-19)
引領革新 創科無疆界 (Recruit.com 2017-04-07)
Hong Kong cloud adoption fuels digital transformation (ComputerWorldHK 2016-12-18)
Where Cloud Computing Jobs Are In 2016 (Forbes, 2016-03-18)
There are 2 modules in the programme.
Management and Optimization of Resources for Cloud Computing (27 hours)
Deployment and Implementation of Cloud Computing in Business (18 hours)
Students will be assessed by continuous coursework including lab worksheets, projects, and final examination.
|Application Code||1770-IT061A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Mon, Thu, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Applicants shall :
1) Have completed Senior Secondary Curriculum and gained Level 2 in English Language in the DSE Examination; OR
2) Have completed Secondary 5 education and gained Level 2 (obtained in or after 2007) or Grade E (obtained before 2007) in English Language in the HKCEE.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$6000 (Note: All fees are subject to change without prior notice.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Foundation Certificate in Cloud Computing Architecture
|COURSE CODE 21C10067-6||FEES $6,000||ENQUIRY 2587-3219|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Foundation Certificate in Cloud Computing Architecture
Upon completion of the course, students are eligible for:
· Complimentary AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate – Practice Exam voucher
· 50% discount - AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Exam voucher
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
Offering an AWS curriculum for higher education institutions to help students develop in-demand cloud computing skills and prepare for industry-recognized AWS Certification.
For more information, please visit aws.amazon.com
Cyberport is an innovative digital community with over 1,000 technology companies. It is managed by Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited, which is wholly owned by the Hong Kong SAR Government. With the vision to become a main force in developing the digital tech industry as a key economic driver of Hong Kong, Cyberport is committed to nurturing youth, start-ups and entrepreneurs to grow in the digital industry by connecting them to strategic partners and investors, driving collaboration with local and international business partners to create new opportunities, and accelerating digital adoption amongst corporates and SMEs.
Cyberport focuses on building key clusters of digital tech, namely FinTech, Big Data/AI, e-commerce and IoT/Wearables, to foster the development of Hong Kong into a “Smart City”. With a committed team of professionals providing all rounded value added services to support our digital community and an array of state-of-the-art tech facilities, Cyberport is the flagship for Hong Kong’s digital tech industry.
For more information, please visit www.cyberport.hk