Technology, Engineering & SciencesEngineering
Diploma in Building Services Engineering
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 10 Sep 2018 (Mon)
- 9 months
- Course Fee
- HK$12,500 per programme
The programme aims to provide students with specialized knowledge in building services engineering. It also equips students with technical knowledge and skills in electrical, mechanical and sanitary services which are relevant to building services engineering. The modules in the programme helped students undertake basic professional tasks in building services engineering.
Preference will be given to applicants who have obtained a relevant higher diploma or associate degree in engineering awarded by a recognised institution but wish to pursue their study in building services engineering. Applicants who have fulfilled the below entry requirements are also welcome to join this programme.
Students are required to complete a total of 4 modules in the whole programme. The modules will be delivered in 2 semesters. Each semester consists of 18 teaching weeks.
For Semester 1, the 2 modules are 39/60 contact hours. For Semester 2, the 2 modules are 42/60 contact hours. The programme will be delivered mainly via face-to-face lectures. In addition, there will be a range of non-lecture activities for each module including tutorial, workshop and practical session.
Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Identify and analyze problems in building services engineering and develop solution strategies;
- Apply mathematical methods and reference material in projects related to building services engineering;
- Use appropriate computer based methods to solve engineering problems;
- Employ design techniques, formulae or calculations to design different systems in buildings appropriately;
- Discuss current energy and environmental issues.
- 9 months
- Any of the HKU SPACE Learning Centres
|Application Code||1645-IT058A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
The following table shows the modules in the programme:
Introduction to Building Services
Building Information Modelling (BIM) Basics
Energy and Environmental Systems
Students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE the Diploma in Building Services Engineering upon successful completion of the programme.
Upon successful completion of the programme, students are exempted from taking the following modules when they articulate to the Advanced Diploma in Engineering offered by HKU SPACE:
- ENGG3001 Introduction to Engineering and Technology
- ENGG3005 Engineering Drawing
- ENGG4023 Fire protection, Plumbing and Drainage Systems
- ENGG4024 Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Classes will generally be held on either weekday evenings (7:00 - 10:00pm); or Saturday afternoons (2:30 - 5:30pm), or Saturday evenings (6:30 - 9:30pm); or Sunday mornings (10:00am - 1:00pm), or Sunday afternoons (2:30 - 5:30pm).
- have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in Chinese Language, English Language and either Mathematics (Core) or a Science subject; or
- have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in Chinese Language, English Language* and either Mathematics or a Science subject; or
- hold a Diploma Yi Jin awarded by a recognized institution.
Equivalent qualifications will be considered by the School.
* With effect from 2007, HKUSPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$12,500 per programme
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
(1) Applicants are required to
- apply online on the programme website; AND
- submit original and copy of the below documents in person to any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres:
(i) HKID card;
(ii) Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
(iii) Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience (if any).
(2) Applicants can also
- apply in person by submitting the Application Form SF26; AND
- with original and copy of the above documents to any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
Applicants will be informed for the admission results after assessment.
- Applicants who have responded to the previous admission need not re-apply.
- HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrolment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the course.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
Accepted applicants will receive offer letter package and should bring along with offer letter and enrolment form when paying the course fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by crossed cheque made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card number (if applicable).
- More Programmes of