Engineering and Science Engineering
By completing this Certificate for Module (Power Transmission and Distribution) and another Certificate for Module (Electromechanical Energy Conversion), graduates of (i) Building Services Technology Stream of Advanced Diploma in Engineering programme or (ii) Building Services Engineering Stream of Higher Diploma in Engineering programme can fulfill the academic requirements for Grade A and Grade B REW* registration.
*Registration as Electrical Workers
Certificate for Module (Power Transmission and Distribution) will be delivered in 12 weeks which consists of 30 lecture hours, 3 laboratory hours and 3-hour site visit.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- describe the basic components in electrical power systems;
- perform fault analysis in electrical power systems;
- implement voltage regulation in electrical power system;
- describe the impact of surge in electrical power system;
- perform load-flow calculation.
- Power System Layout
- Reactive power and voltage control
- Fault analysis
- Switchgear and protection
- Load flow
Assessment and Award
To be eligible for the award of the Certificate for Module (Power Transmission and Distribution), students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Achieve 75% attendance
- Continuous Assessment (weighting 40%) and
- Examination (weighting 60%)
- Total passing score is 50%
Modules & Class Details
Classes will generally be held on either weekday evenings (7:15 - 10:15pm); or Saturday afternoons (2:30 - 5:30pm), or Saturday evenings (6:30 - 9:30pm); or Sunday mornings (10:00am - 1:00pm), or Sunday afternoons (2:30 - 5:30pm).
Fee & Entry Requirements
Applicants should have completed
- The Building Services Engineering stream in the Higher Diploma in Engineering awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE; or
- The Building Services Technology stream in the Advanced Diploma in Engineering awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE; or
- A Higher Diploma or an Associate Degree in Building Services Engineering or equivalent from other recognised institutions.
HK$150 HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$4,200 (effective on 1 Sep 2023)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Power Transmission and Distribution)
證書(單元 : 輸電與配電)
|COURSE CODE 36C12189A||FEES $3,800||ENQUIRY 2975-5781|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Power Transmission and Distribution)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of