The programme is designed for enthusiastic beginners who are interested to discover and learn about the fine watchmaking industry. It requires no specific background knowledge of the industry. Students will be introduced to the fine watchmaking industry, the stories behind fine watches along with the technical particularities and craftsmanship skills surrounding their creation.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
1. Describe in general terms how the fine watchmaking industry functions and who are the main players;
2. Name the principal elements of a watch and how the mechanical movements work;
3. Illustrate the technical details of the most important watch complications;
4. List the most iconic watches and describe the key characteristics of pilot and diving watches;
5. Distinguish the different stones and techniques used in jewellery watches; and
6. Identify the perceivable trends in auction and collectibles.
|Application Code||2070-2052AW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||07 Feb 2023 (Tue)|
|Apply Online Now|
Describe a watch exterior
History & Iconic watches
Intro to the market
Intro to Gemology & Jewelry watches
Vintage watches & the world of Auctions
Pilot & Diving watches
Trends & wrap-up
ASSESSMENT AND AWARDS
There is a 1-hour examination (80 multiple choice questions) in this programme. Students with a minimum attendance rate of 70% and pass the exam will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE the Certificate for Module (High Horology) 證書(單元 : 高級鐘錶學).
|Assessment Type and Weighting||
Assessment Format and Duration
|Examination (100%)||80 Multiple Choice Questions (1-hour)||
70% and above
Note: Students may apply to resit the exam if they are unsuccessful, subject to a fee.
Students who pass the exam will also be awarded a FHH Watch Advisor Certificate conferred by Fondation de la Haute Horlogerie (FHH).
|Application Code||2070-2052AW||Apply Now|
Days / Time
- Please refer to "Modules" section
- 10 meeting(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
Ms Chloe Lam
In the past 16 years, Chloe has worked with the most recognizable luxury brands across high fashion, watches, jewellery, High jewellery and cosmetics.
Chloe believes that “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” As a facilitator, she aims to create a unique experience by immersing the participants.
She anchors key learnings with real stories and role-practice. Her training comprises inspirational methodologies that are practical and results-oriented. She strives to empower individuals and awaken their passion using her natural communication style to inspire and connect.
Applicants shall be at least 18 years of age.
- Course Fee : HK$9800
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (High Horology)
證書(單元 : 高級鐘錶學)
|COURSE CODE 36C133529||FEES $9,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8313|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (High Horology)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
07 Feb 2023
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Coourse fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.