Accounting & Finance FinTech and Financial Intelligence
Today and Upcoming Events
Profit Reimagined: Navigating the DeFi Landscape Against Traditional Backdrops (1 Mar)
Dive into the world of Decentralized Finance (DeFi) with our insightful seminar, "Profit Reimagined: Navigating the DeFi Landscape Against Traditional Backdrops." This session is dedicated to uncovering how DeFi radically redefines the concept of profit, setting itself apart from traditional financial systems. We will explore the transformative nature of DeFi, examining how its innovative models and technologies offer a stark contrast to conventional profit mechanisms in finance. The seminar aims...
Online Executive Certificate / Diploma Information Seminar - Big Data & FinTech Series (4 Mar 24)
-Executive Certificate in Applied Business Analytics and Decision Optimization 行政人員證書《應用商業分析與決策優化》-Executive Certificate in Interpretation and Visualization of Business Big Data 行政人員證書《商業大數據視覺化及資訊演繹》...
Web3 and Blockchain V (4 Mar)
Today, we stand at the brink of a new era - Web3. Here, data networks empower creators and users alike, enabling the sale and exchange of data while maintaining ownership and privacy. This shift towards decentralization challenges traditional paradigms and opens up a world of possibilities. In the financial sector, Web 3.0 has been a game-changer. Decentralized finance (DeFi) is not just a buzzword but a reality that's redefining FinTech. Coupled with the advent of cryptocurrencies and smart...
How to Design a Mega Sales Dashboard System for a Large Corporation? Part 4 of 4 (13 Mar)
A powerful and effective dashboard design can increase sales data visibility to all levels of management and can also enable management to identify exceptions at ease. Mr. Danny Chan, the speaker, is going to present a series of Mega Sales Dashboard design that targets for large corporations. There are two modules for the Mega Dashboard system: 1. Operation Module 2. Director Module We will break down the system demonstration into four episodes (parts): Here is the rundown for Part 4 of the demonstration series: Mega Dash (Operation Module) Dashboards 1. Director View 2. Director Panel The following is a couple of the sample dashboard screens: The speaker will give illustrations on the underlying data sets of both the operation module and the director module. He will also brief about the tools and techniques required for constructing the dashboards. If you are interested in learning sales management dashboard design from Mr Danny Chan, please register for the webinar. Language: Cantonese (Supplemented with English)
Internal chatbot for staff training (19 Mar 2024)
I'm sure you've heard of ChatGPT by now, but despite its capabilities, it comes with some limitations, such as no access to real-time information, inability to reference corporate internal documents, and a tendency for "hallucination" or generating incorrect or nonsensical information. Tailor-made chatbots utilizing the Retrieval Augmented Generation (RAG) technique can address these challenges by integrating with a company's knowledge base and updating information in real-time to provide accurate...
Confirmed launch for Mar 2024 intake! There are practical classes in the computer laboratory. Business Intelligence comprises software and services to transform raw data into valuable information which supports a company or an organization in making business decisions. Our seasoned lecturers will use computational tools to illustrate practical data wrangling and data automation. Welcome to your online application!
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
1. analyse and apply the principles of business intelligence and data automation;
2. illustrate techniques of data transformation, aggregation and consolidation using computer software;
3. apply computational tools to perform data transformation and data automation; and
4. evaluate business cases related to business intelligence and data automation, and their implications to business performance.
|Apply Online Now
|Apply Online Now
Days / Time
- Saturday, 1:30pm - 6:30pm
- 30 hours per programme
- Hong Kong Island Campus
- Kowloon East Campus
Modules & Class Details
(1) Introduction to Business Intelligence (BI)
(2) Introduction to data preparation and data automation
(3) Techniques of data transformation, aggregation and consolidation
(4) Data automation and performance improvement
(5) Business cases related to BI and practical applications of data automation
Assessment method: Two in-class exercise + Individual Project Presentation
Upon successful completion of the programme, students who have passed the continuous assessment and final assessment with attendance no less than 70% will be awarded with the Certificate for Module (Business Intelligence and Data Automation) within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Mr Danny Chan
As a passionate and highly committed data science and computer professional, MrChan sees the importance of lifelong learning and keeps himself abreast of the latest data technologies. He is highly proficient in the areas of visual analytics, business intelligence (BI) solutions, statistical analysis, data science, machine learning and cloud-based computing.
Mr Chan graduated from the Mathematics Department in CUHK. He is a seasoned data analytics professional with a strong background in IT, Retail and Supply Chain Industries. He obtained three master’s degrees from three universities, namely Risk Management Science from CUHK, Quantitative Analysis for Business from the City University of HK and Industrial Logistics Systems from Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
In 2021, Mr Chan accredited the title of Tableau Certified Associate Consultant. He is also a principal consultant for a data technology consulting services company, specialized in implementing BI solutions and report data automation.
Mar 2024 intake
|23 Mar 24 (Sat)
|13:30 - 18:30
|6 Apr 24 (Sat)
|13:30 - 18:30
|13 Apr 24 (Sat)
|13:30 - 18:30
|20 Apr 24 (Sat)
|13:30 - 18:30
|27 Apr 24 (Sat)
|13:30 - 18:30
|4 May 24 (Sat)
|13:30 - 18:30
-Tentative timetable is subject to change, and course commencement is subject to sufficient enrollment numbers.
-For the health and safety of teachers and students, the School may substitute face-to-face classes with online teaching if the face-to-face classes cannot be held.
Fee & Entry Requirements
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee: $9300 per programme (* course fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Applicants should hold an Advanced Diploma, a Higher Diploma or an Associate Degree awarded by a recognized institution. Those with a business, finance, economics, mathematics, science, engineering, IT or computer science background would have an advantage.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Business Intelligence and Data Automation)
|COURSE CODE 33C135698
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Business Intelligence and Data Automation)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right-hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- FinTech and Financial Intelligence
- Relevant Programmes
- Executive Certificate in Interpretation and Visualization of Business Big Data Certificate for Module (Business Analytics and Web Scraping) Certificate for Module (Distributed Ledger and Blockchain with Business Applications) Certificate for Module (Big Data Governance and Data Compliance) Certificate for Module (Robotic Process Automation with Business and Financial Applications)