Technology, Aviation, Engineering & SciencesLibrary & Information Studies
Certificate for Library Assistants (English)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 23 Sep 2021 (Thu)
- 1 year
- English supplemented with Cantonese
This programme aims to provide vocational training for library assistants and those working in children's and / or school libraries. This English class shares a common examination with the Chinese class.
Contents of the programme:
Part 1 Library Services and Procedures
Part 2 General Library Principles and Practice
Part 3 Children’s and School Libraries
Part 4 Practical Lessons and Visits to Libraries
Articulation to Higher Level Programme:
Candidates successfully complete this programme can apply for admission to
a. Higher Diploma in Library and Information Management offered by HKU SPACE Community College;
b. Bachelor of Information Studies offered by Charles Sturt University in collaboration with HKU SPACE.
Practical work and library visits are compulsory. Assessment is based on final examination and attendance (75%). The Certificate in Librarianship will be awarded to successful students within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.Days / Time
- Tuesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm and Saturday daytime (Practical work and library visits may be scheduled on some weekday evenings and weekends)
- HKU SPACE Hong Kong Island Learning Centre
- HK$11,000 per programme (subject to review)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Library Assistants (English)
|COURSE CODE 44C104649||FEES $11,000||ENQUIRY 3762-0831|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Library Assistants (English)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- Please complete the Application for Enrollment Form (SF26), together with copies of relevant certificates and the cheque payable to HKU SPACE, and
- Send to HKU SPACE Enrollment Centers in person, or send or fax to Ms. Katie Au-Yeung, HKU SPACE, 13/F Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong
- Please quote the course code listed on the page of General Information for your application.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.