Business & ManagementBusiness Management
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 25 Sep 2020 (Fri)
- 1.5 years to 2 years
QR Registration No.: 15/000945/L5
QR Registration Validity Period: 01 Sep 2015 - 31 Aug 2024
A part-time top-up degree programme aims to ensure that students will develop a broad understanding of the complex, diverse and dynamic business environment for management. The programme curriculum is both international and practical in it contents. Students will acquire management skills as well as intellectual capability that enable them to perform effectively as a practicing manager. Thus, enhances their employability and facilitate career management.
The top-up degree programme consists of 9 modules. Each module comprises 20 credits and 45 lecture hours.
|No.||Module Title||Credit||Fee (HKD)|
|1.||Current Issues in Management||20||$13,900|
Strategic Management: Theory and Practice (to be offered in September 2020 semester)
Organisational Leadership (to be offered in September 2020 semester)
|5.||Project (Management Report – Qualitative Methods)||20||$13,900|
|6.||Project (Management Report – Quantitative Methods)||20||$13,900|
|7.||Enterprise and Innovation||20||$5,190|
|8.||Marketing Fundamentals (to be offered in September 2020 semester)||20||$5,190|
The duration for the programme: minimum 18 months.
It is compulsory for students to attend the induction sessions, which comprise of an introductory session and a 12-hour Academic English Workshop plus a 1-hour test.
(The sequence of the modules is subject to change in accordance to Plymouth University Policy)
(The module fees are subject to change without prior notice)Duration
- 3 modules per term; 3 terms to complete
• 2 terms per year
• Term starts in March, September
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
A. I. Hold a recognized Advanced Diploma or Higher Diploma/Associate Degree
in a business-related discipline awarded within the HKU system through
II. a) Hold a recognized Advanced Diploma or Higher Diploma/Associate
Degree in a business-related discipline awarded by a recognized
b) Provide evidence of English proficiency, such as
- HKCEE English Language at Level 2; or
- HKCEE English Language (Syllabus B) at Grade E (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)); or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 2; or
- an overall band of 6.0 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 500 in the paper-based TOEFL or a score of 173 in the computer-based and a score of 4.5 in the Test of Written English
B. Preferably have 2 years' full-time work experience or 4 years' part-time work experience.
Mature students (according to University of Plymouth regulation) and applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants who do not have a business-related academic qualification may be required to take additional module(s) on a case-by-case basis before the start of the programme.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Global Enterprise [Module from Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management]|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10312-1||FEES $13,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8462|
|Project (Management Report - Qualitative Methods) [Module from Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management]|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10313-A||FEES $13,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8462|
|Project (Management Report - Quantitative Methods) [Module from Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management]|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10314-8||FEES $13,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8462|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
- A non-refundable $200 application fee;
- Photostat copies of Hong Kong Identity Card;
- Photocopies of all relevant educational qualifications and workproof;
- Original certificates and transcripts of relevant qualifications, which are needed for certification by HKU SPACE;
- One passport photograph.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management Executive Certificate in Data-Driven Decision Making for Managers Executive Certificate in Change Management in the Digital Transformation Era Postgraduate Diploma in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Certificate in Shipping and Logistics