Life & Health SciencesDietetics, Food & Nutrition
Master of Science in Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Awarded by
Ulster University, UK
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 20 May 2020 (Wed)
- 2 years
- Course Fee
- Application fee: HK$300 (non-refundable)
Course fee: HK$108,000
In association with Ulster University, U.K., HKU SPACE offers a programme leading to the awards of Master of Science (MSc) in Sport and Exercise Nutrition. The programme is offered on a part-time basis with online teaching which falls in line with the School’s mission in delivering flexible programmes which meet the needs of potential students and the community.
The programme aims to provide students with appropriate academic training in sport and exercise nutrition to allow graduates of the programme and following further mentored work experience in sport and exercise nutrition, to pursue registration as a sports and exercise nutritionist (SENr) in the UK. Building upon the students' existing knowledge gained within relevant biosciences, the overall aim of the programme is to provide an academically challenging, professionally relevant and focused programme of study for those who wish to pursue careers in sport and performance nutrition or undertake research in this area. The programme will equip students with opportunities for critical reflection and evaluation of current practice, enabling lifelong learning and fostering continuing professional development.
Evidence-Based Practice in Healthcare Sciences
Nutrition and Exercise Metabolism
Nutritional Assessment, Recommendations and Requirements
Sport-Specific Nutrition Issue
Research Methods and Biostatistics for Food and Nutrition
Nutrition for Health and Disease Prevention
Practical Sports Nutrition
Sport and Exercise Nutrition Research Project
- Online teaching /
Face-to-face tutorial on Wednesday evening 7:00pm – 10:00pm and occasionally Saturday afternoons 2:30-5:30 pm.
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
1. (i) hold a degree with at least 2ii Honours in a related discipline such as in Biochemistry, Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, Human Nutrition, Physiology, Sport and Exercise Science, Sports Science or other relevant degree discipline OR
(ii) demonstrate their ability to undertake the course through the accreditation of prior learning.
2. provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
(i) HKDSE English Language 3 or above OR
(ii) HKALE Grade D or above OR
(iii) HKCEE English Language (Syllabus B) C or above OR
(iv) an IELTS overall band of 6 with 5.5 or above in reading, writing, listening and speaking or equivalent.
- Application fee: HK$300 (non-refundable)
Course fee: HK$108,000
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Interested candidates should apply by returning the special application form, together with relevant supporting documents (applicants should also submit relevant certificates/transcripts for vetting), copy of Hong Kong Permanent Residence Identity Card / valid Visa and an application fee of HK$300 cheque made payable to "HKU SPACE" (non-refundable) to either:
By post: Attn to Food, Nutrition and Healthcare, HKU SPACE, 13/F., Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong.
In person: any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Counters (Attn: Food, Nutrition and Healthcare).
Applicants should note that simply meeting the minimum admissions requirements does not guarantee entry to a programme. Places are subject to availability and selection criteria, if any.
As Hongkong Post adopted new postage rates on 1 January 2018, please make sure that sufficient postage is provided when you send us your supporting documents by post. For mails with postage underpaid, we shall return the mails to senders or ask them to pay for the shortage. Such actions may delay the processing of the applications concerned. For new postage rates please refer to Hongkong Post https://www.hongkongpost.hk/en/postage_rate_2018/
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Dietetics, Food & Nutrition