Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Dietetics and Nutrition
Programme learning outcomes
Module 1: Basic Nutrition
- Basic nutrition principles
- Balanced diet
Module 2: Understanding Weight Problems
- Definition of healthy weight
- Causes of over and underweight
- Medical problems associated with over and underweight
- Assessment of obesity
Module 3: Weight Management Strategies
- Diet for weight management
- Nutrition and weight control for children, adolescents
- Weight reduction and hyperlipidemia, diabetes
- Diet for the underweight and eating disorders
- Surgical treatments of obesity
- Drug therapies of obesity and overweight
- Weight loss health food products
- Alternative therapies for weight loss
- Behavioral modifications in weight management
- Role of exercise and physical activity in weight management
Mode of Delivery
The programme will be delivered through lecture, face-to-face seminar, class-interactive discussion, and workshop in HKU SPACE Dietetic Clinic.
A Foundation Certificate in Nutrition (Weight Management) will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE to successful candidates.
|Application Code||2150-HS006A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Wednesday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm, and some Saturday afternoons
- 5 months
- HKU SPACE Learning Centre (Causeway Bay / Fortress Hill / North Point)
Fee & Entry Requirements
Applicants shall have:
1. (a) gained in the HKCEE Grade E in four subjects or equivalent qualifications and Level 2 in English Language*; OR
(b) gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in five subjects including English Language;
2. reached the age of 21 or above with working experience.
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$7,900
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Interested candidates should apply by returning the special application form, together with relevant supporting documents, copy of Hong Kong Identity Card (or valid working/dependent visa with original entry permit) and an application fee of HK$150 cheque made payable to "HKU SPACE" (non-refundable) to either:
By post: Attn to Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, 13/F., Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong. OR
In person: any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Counters (Attn: Dietetics, Food and Nutrition). OR
By online: through HKU SPACE website.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.