Social Sciences Media & Communication
Certificate in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 21 Aug 2021 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- 6 months
- English (except for Module 4 in which apart from English, Cantonese will be adopted in teaching part of the module with materials in Chinese)
- Course Fee
- HK$14,800 per programme
The programme aims to develop students with knowledge of the public relations industry, and the basic idea underlining corporate communication. Students will be equipped with the skills to analyse, plan and implement PR and corporate brand communication campaigns and events that help achieve organizational goals. Students will examine how to build mutual relationships with key stakeholders such as employees, media and community leaders for addressing unique communication challenges. Students will also be trained with English and Chinese PR writing skills in typical publicity materials.
This programme is designed for
- Junior staff or trainees working in Public Relations, Sales, Management, Branding area of NGO, Public Utilities and Government, firms in private sector
- Anyone who needs introductory knowledge about Public Relations and Corporate brand communication, media relations, Chinese and English PR writing skills
- Anyone responsible for implementing Public Relations and Corporate Communication tasks for their organizations
- Anyone looking to enter the Public Relations and Corporate Communication field
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Differentiate public relations and corporate brand communication from other management functions in terms of their scope of work, role and importance in an organization;
- Conduct strategic planning process for PR and corporate branding initiatives;
- Develop effective campaigns and events to address public relations, corporate branding and media relations challenges in local context;
- Write effective messages and publicity materials for organizational and news media.
Module Intended Learning Outcomes
4. 創作和撰寫各種企業宣傳材料, 例如新聞稿，專題報導，機構背景資料說明書，演講稿。
* Course sequences may change due to lecturer's availability and other reasons.
Students who have successfully completed module 1 to module 4 will be awarded "Certificate in Public Relations and Corporate Communication" within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Written Assignment and/or Group Project
Date and Time
Wednesdays, 6:45pm-9:45pm and/or Saturdays, 10am-1pm
Class(es) might also be scheduled on other weekday evenings and/or Sunday afternoons in some special occasions
Hong Kong Island side Learning Centres
Ms. Renée Kwan
As former Managing Director of TBWA\Hakuhodo Guang Zhou (affiliate agency of global communication network Omnicom), Renée has 25+ years of experience in the fields of media communication, branding, advertising and event management, both agency and corporate sides. With the TV programme production knowledge in her early stage of career, and subsequent senior management roles in various global communication networks including Nitro Group, Publicis and Asatsu-DK, Renée is one of the well-respected media communication expert in the industry. The brands she had worked with include Nissan Automobiles, Unilever, Mitsubishi Motors, Hewlett Packard, Sony Ericsson, Kodak and Marlboro, Hong Kong Jockey Club and Emperor Watch and Jewelry, to name just a few. In the last six years Renée had worked as Brand Strategy Consultant. Her projects included a CBD development in Tianjin, China; the rebranding of Cathay Pacific and the pitch for Vitasoy International.
As a life-long learner and with her increased love for adult teaching and learning, Renée is pursuing her Doctor of Education degree, in addition to her accomplished Master of Education with distinction awarded by University of Bristol, UK; and a MBA from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Renée is also a member of Hong Kong Public Relations Professionals’ Association.
Mr. James Li
James began his career in communications in early 1990s after amassing a wealth of knowledge in Classical and Modern Chinese through studying Chinese language & literature at CUHK. With over 20 years of senior-level multimedia and corporate copywriting experience spanning across world-leading advertising agencies, television channels and local enterprises, James has worked with many household names and multinational corporations including HSBC, UBS, DBS, The Community Chest, HP, Samsung, Mitsubishi Motors, Kerry Properties and Hang Lung Properties. Combining his knowledge and experience with his passion, James’s lectures are sure to be both engaging and stimulating.
Mr. Lo Tze On
Specializing in public relations strategy and marketing communications, Mr. Lo has served a wide range of corporations with solid corporate experience. He set up his own PR consultancy firm for more than 20 years. Before that, he hold senior executive positions with a number of major companies including SHK International Services Ltd., Adsale Exhibition Services Ltd., etc.
Ms. Janice Lui
Janice Lui is one of the few people in Hong Kong that have flourish cross media experience. She currently serves as Editor and Anchor of Hong Kong Economic Journal. Duties include producing & anchoring online content.
Before the digital days, Janice was the Finance Editor and Producer of FM 104 Metro Finance and Assistant Business Editor of Asia Television (ATV). She also worked for a number of influential local dailies and magazine: Ming Pao Daily and Forbes Zinbenjia, the Chinese edition of the U.S. Forbes Magazine.
She obtained her MBA from California State University, Hayward and was awarded Diploma in Journalism from Hong Kong Shue Yan College.
I) a) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language and Chinese Language; or
II) possess 2 years of work experience
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$14,800 per programme (non-refundable and subject to change without prior notice. Admin charge applies to course withdrawal)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
|COURSE CODE 40C108317||FEES $14,800||ENQUIRY 3762-0868|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants should submit the filled HKU SPACE application form (SF26) with:
- copies of academic qualifications;
- 500-word personal statement (outlining your education, training and working experience and saying how you think will benefit from the programme);
- copy of HKID card/passport;
- a crossed cheque for $150 application fee (non-refundable) made payable to "HKU SPACE".
- In Person
To any of our enrolment centres (https://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre); or
- By Post
Mail to Ms Carrie Chan at Room 1109, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque.
Course applicants, who are alumni and holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, may enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Media & Communication