Business & Management Human Capital and Leadership
This programme aims to equip students with the skillsets to analyse HR data and apply the insights gained to support human resource management and organisational goals.
The programme examines the impact of technologies like big data, Internet of Things and artificial intelligence on human resource management and equips students with the knowledge to implement HR analysis techniques for HR functions such as workforce planning, talent acquisition, talent management, learning and development. The programme concludes with a discussion on the future of HR and the emerging trends of predictive HR analytics and digital transformation.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Discuss the importance of big data, Internet of Things and artificial intelligence in human resource management today;
- Apply the concept of HR analytics into various human resource functions;
- Identify and obtain HR data to support organisational goals;
- Conduct basic HR analysis using simple data analysis tools;
- Discuss the challenges and trends facing the future of data-driven HR.
The programme consists of 33 hours of lectures:
- A Snapshot of HR Today
- The Basics of Artificial Intelligence
- HR and Workforce Management
- Use of HR Analytics in Talent Acquisition
- Use of HR Analytics in Learning and Development
- Use of HR Analytics in Talent Management
- Implementation of HR Analytics
- The Future of Data-Driven HR
To successfully complete the programme, students must
- Attendance not less than 70% AND;
- An overall pass rate of 50% in Coursework and 50% of Group Project
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a Certificate for Module (Big Data and AI for HR Analytics).
Dr. Monica Tang
Dr. Monica Tang is an experienced IT management professional with a demonstrated history of successful system projects in public sectors, universities and consulting companies. Her expertise areas include project management, digital transformation and data analytics. Dr Tang is currently responsible for managing the human resource systems at the University of Hong Kong.
Dr. Tang received her Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) from City University of Hong Kong and Master of Science with distinction in Managerial Leadership from Edinburgh Napier University. Her research interests focus on leadership and management. Her research aims to bring out the best of the employees and contribute to organizational success. Her research paper was accepted in the prestigious Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) annual conference. Dr. Tang is also the awardee of “Contribution to the Society Award” by City University of Hong Kong in 2017.
Days / Time
- Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
(a) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language and Mathematics;
(b) (i) have gained in HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects (including Mathematics) and Level 2 in English Language*, or equivalent; AND
(ii) one A-level pass or two AS-level passes in any subject or other equivalent post-secondary qualifications;
(c) hold an HKQF level 3 or equivalent Certificate in human resource management, business or related discipline.
Applicants who are aged 21 and above with relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for English Language (Syllabus B) (grade C in the case of Syllabus A) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in this subject at HKCEE.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$3950
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Big Data and AI for HR Analytics)
證書(單元 : 大數據與人工智能人力資源分析)
|COURSE CODE 33C131498||FEES $3,950||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Big Data and AI for HR Analytics)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) A non-refundable application fee of HKD$150 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrolment. The application fee will be used to cover the cost of processing.
b) Photocopies of HKID card
c) Photocopies of relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials
d) Photocopies of documentary proof of the applicant's working experience.
*Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres.Payment Method
Tuition fees must be settled at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for the application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- Applicants must print out and sign on the payment slip (if any) before settling the tuition fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- Online payment is unavailable for this programme.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Human Capital and Leadership