Computing and Data Science Smart Wellness
The programme aims to empower students with the ability to grasp and get hands-on experience on how Big Data can be applied and enhanced by Business Intelligence and Artificial Intelligence to create insights to improve Healthcare operations.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Identify and articulate the challenges of applying Big Data in Digital Healthcare;
- Use big data to create Insights into Healthcare operations;
- Apply strategic thinking to business, financial and operational decisions in the Healthcare industry;
- Present the appropriate analysis and KPIs to manage Healthcare operational areas;
- Define operational problems clearly and identify appropriate Big Data derived digital analysis to generate insights and address the issues.
Certificate for Module (Applied Big Data in Digital Healthcare) will be delivered in 10 weeks which consists of 30 lecture hours.
- Overview of Healthcare sector and system
- Big Data in Hospital Operations
- Predicting admissions and emergency
- Human Resource management (Physicians and Nurses)
- Diagnosis-related group (DRG) Insights
- Utilizing Big Data in Financial / Operational management
- Pharmaceutical and Quality revolution
- Digital Healthcare KPIs to glean Insights
Assessment and Award
To be eligible for the award of the Certificate for Module (Applied Big Data in Digital Healthcare), students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Achieve 70% attendance
- Continuous Assessment (weighting 100%) and
- Total passing score is 50%
|Application Code||2090-IT072A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Thursday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in 5 subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR
- have gained in the HKALE Examination one AL subject or two AS subjects; AND three passes in the HKCEE* PLUS Level 2 / Grade E or above in Chinese Language and English Language; OR
- be aged at least 21 or above with three years of relevant work experience.
Applicants with other qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in this subject at HKCEE.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Applied Big Data in Digital Healthcare)
證書 (單元 : 大數據應用與數位醫療保健)
|COURSE CODE 41C125834||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Applied Big Data in Digital Healthcare)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
The completed application form with the relevant documents and application fee $150 should be submitted by the following methods on or before the deadline:
- by mailing to SWAS, HKU SPACE, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms Mandy Chan)
- in person at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
Each application must be accompanied by the photocopied documents below:
1. Academic certificates and transcripts
2. HKID card or passport
Applicants will be asked to present HKID or passport for vertification if applying in person at enrolment counters or to attach a copy of HKID or passport if applying by post.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- mail the above documents to SWAS, HKU SPACE, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms Mandy Chan). HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Smart Wellness