Social Sciences Psychology & Counselling
Advanced Certificate in Life Coaching
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 17 Oct 2022 (Mon)
- 7 months
- English, supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
HKU SPACE follows HKU policy which aligns with the Government’s Vaccine Pass policy and introduced the HKU SPACE Vaccine Pass and Campus Access with various infection control measures to safeguard our health against the COVID-19 pandemic.
This programme is designed for those who wish to apply life coaching skills in a variety of roles so that they can support the people they work with to achieve their life goals or for self-development. It is intended as a introductory as well as intermediate course for students to pursue continued development in area of life coaching.
Would you like to help people achieve their full potential, or find a balance between work and life? Most individuals nowadays are on the quest for answers on how to improve their lives as a whole. Whether they are hoping to improve their career growth and development, want to become more effective leaders in their line of work, or on the search for personal fulfillment and happiness. Life coaching helps and empowers people to fulfill their potential and make the most of their lives.
The Advanced Certificate in Life Coaching programme has been developed in response to a rapidly growing life coaching industry in Hong Kong. It is pitched at Level 4 under the Hong Kong Qualifications Framework (QF).
Combining practical life coaching, underpinning theory and applied positive psychology, it is designed for those who wish to apply life coaching skills in a variety of roles so that they can support the people they work with to achieve their life goals or for self-development. It is intended as an introductory as well as intermediate course for students to pursue continued development in the area of life coaching.
It will be of benefit to a broad range of people working in health, social care and education. Also, it will help support personal relationships with family, children, colleagues and friends.
- equip students with the knowledge and core competencies of coaching. It is intended as an introductory as well as intermediate course for students to pursue continued development in the area of life coaching;
- provide students opportunities to gain a greater understanding of themselves, explore the dynamics of relationships, acquire insights into setting and achieving short- and long-term goals, as well as creating a personal plan of action in a variety of settings;
- develop students’ skills and knowledge in life coaching for application to achieve self-development or professional effectiveness.
Self-Disclosure is part of the training process for life coaches. We encourage students to explore aspects of their identity as it relates to the professional practice of life coaching.
Because of the nature of the programmeand its relevance to life coaching,we often require self-disclosure and introspectionof our students while in the programme.
|No.||Module Name||Contact Hours|
|1||Introduction to Life Coaching||69|
|2||Process and Practice||32|
Students need to fulfill the requirements of the following before graduation:
- A minimum attendance requirement of 70%
- Passed all assessment items of Module 1 and Module 2
Days / Time
- Monday, from 17 October 2022 to 17 April 2023 (7:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.) for Module 1
- Saturday, from 29 April 2023 to 20 May 2023 (9:00a.m. - 6:00p.m.) for Module 2
- 69 hours (Module 1) and 32 hours (Module 2)
- Any One of the HKU SPACE Learning Centres on Hong Kong Island
Module 1: Introduction to Life Coaching (69 contact hours)
This module integrates with positive psychology and aims to develop an understanding of the theoretical basis of life coaching. It is achieved by exploring ideas from the main approaches to life coaching, and drawing out the implications and applications particularly relevant to personal satisfaction and/or professional growth. Ethical and professional issues are also addressed.
Module 2: Process and Practice (32 contact hours)
This module is an entirely experiential learning that is focused on each student’s ability and skill development coaching in specifically directed personal foundation life coaching interactions.
Classes will be delivered through face-to-face lectures, case study, and skill demonstration with emphasis on student participation.
Programme activities will be arranged on weekday evenings for Module 1 and an intensive basis over the weekends for Module 2.
Applicants shall hold:
a. An associate degree, high diploma or advanced diploma, or equivalent;
b. be aged 21 or above with at least two years' experience in a supervisory role.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$18,500
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Advanced Certificate in Life Coaching
|COURSE CODE 44K106101||FEES $18,500||ENQUIRY 2975-5657|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Certificate in Life Coaching
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applications should submit: i) a completed application form*, ii) copies of academic certificates, iii) a copy of HKID card or passport^, iv) an application fee of HK$150 by crossed cheque (payable to "HKU SPACE" to the following address) and v) course fee of HK$18,500 by crossed cheque (payable to "HKU SPACE").
HKU SPACE, Unit 1109, 11/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, H.K.
(Remarks: Application for the Advanced Certificate in Life Coaching & Attn: Ms. Sophie Wong )
* Application forms can be obtained from any HKU SPACE Learning Centres or download from http://hkuspace.hku.hk/assets/ files/SF26.pdf. Please be reminded to write down the application codes clearly. [ Application code: 2050-CS032A]
^Applicants will be asked to present their HKID cards or passports for verification if apply at one of the HKU SPACE enrolment counters, or to attach a copy of their HKID cards or passports if applying by post.