At HKU SPACE, we design and offer courses to meet your goals for General English, Business English and English for the Professions. These range from 30 hours to 90 hours and cover a broad spectrum of levels.
Reasons to improve your English at HKU SPACE:
- Polish your interpersonal and career skills
- Learn to communicate ideas more effectively
- Interact confidently with overseas and English speaking people
- Fine-tune your presentations and writing to project better impressions
- Stay up to date by learning about current English use
- Sharpen your competitive edge in today's global workplace
Open SPACE 2021 (5 June 2021)
Preparing for University Studies supported by a globally-recognised English Test - PTE Academic
To review, please click here.
Summer School 2021
English Langauge Assessments
This is the benchmark test in support of Continuing Education Fund (CEF) reimbursements of English Language course and benchmark test fees. This replaces the former Business Language Testing Service (BULATS) offered by the University of Cambridge.
The Cambridge Assessment English offers organisations a quick and convenient way of checking the English Language proficiency levels of your employees – the Linguaskill Tests.
- Linguaskill General
- Linguaskill Business
- Linguaskill Test & Continuing Education Fund
- For Individual English Language Learners
- For Corporates
- For Immigrants
- For HKDSEE 2020 Candidates
- For University Applicants
- Linguaskill Test Report & Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- Cambridge Linguaskill Test in Hong Kong
For details, please follow this link: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/collection/linguaskill
The Pearson offers a fast, fair, recoginzed and convenient test based on an unbiased approach - The PTE Academic test.
For details, please follow this link: pte-academic-pearson-english-language-test
Assessment Preparation Courses
- Sort by
- Programme Title
The course will help you to:
- build up a range of modern idioms and spoken expressions
- develop effective listening strategies using texts and authentic materials
- gain confidence through discussion, role-play and debate
- progress towards naturally spoken English
recognise and correct common grammatical errors
work out and apply grammar rules for yourself
communicate correctly in both spoken and written English
use a greater variety of structures with confidence
To benefit from the course, you should be prepared to participate fully in all exercise and activities.
Pronunciation and Fluency 1 will help you:
- improve your English pronunciation
- become a more fluent and confident speaker of English in different situations
- increase your range of useful English vocabulary
- introduce you to different native speaker accents
Effective Writing Skills 2 develops your language at a higher level than Effective Writing Skills 1, and builds on and enhances the skills learned there. However, as long as you meet the entry requirements, you can gain direct entry into Effective Writing Skills 2 without doing Effective Writing Skills 1.