Marketing Marketing Communications and Branding
Please contact Programme Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programme aims to meet the continuing education and professional development needs of those who are currently working in corporate branding and/or event management or those who have aspirations in these areas.
The programme provides students with core corporate branding and event management concepts as well as knowledge in effective marketing communications and public relations. A broad and holistic view will be given to students with practical techniques and tools to achieve the goals and objectives of corporate’s brand and event management.
- This programme is registered in the HKQR at level 6.
- Exemption of up to 3 modules may be considered based on individual merits.
- Intermediate award is available for students who partially complete and choose to exit the programme.
- Graduates may have up to 60 credits exempted towards the 180-credit MSc in Marketing* / MSc in Marketing with Festival and Event Management* / MSc in Marketing with Digital Strategy* programmes in association with Edinburgh Napier University.
- Graduates may have 30 credits exempted towards the 180-credit Master of Science Tourism and Hospitality Management* programme in association with The University of Plymouth.
*This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
Apply the latest concepts, tools and techniques in marketing and public relations to achieve corporate strategic goals and objectives.
Integrate the design, production, and organization of events and analyze the relationship between the various stakeholders.
Develop an integrated marketing communications plan to effectively manage a brand.
Synthesize knowledge about digital reputation management and devise strategies to protect an organization and its stakeholders from threats on their reputation.
Plan and manage corporate events from different perspectives.
Analyze a variety of techniques to identify, pitch and engage sponsors and partnering organizations to improve the short term objectives together with longer term brand building.
Strategic Marketing and Public Relations
Experiential Event Design and Delivery
Integrated Marketing and Brand Communications
Digital Reputation Management
Corporate Event Management
Event Sponsorship and Partnership
Students who complete the following 3 modules may choose to exit with the intermediate award of Postgraduate Certificate in Corporate Branding and Event Management awarded within the HKU System through HKU SPACE.
1. Strategic Marketing and Public Relations
2. Corporate Event Management
3. One of the followings:
Integrated Marketing and Brand Communications
Digital Reputation Management
Event Sponsorship and Partnership
Assessment for all modules is based on continuous assessment and/or final examination. The continuous assessment inclused quizzes, written assignments (paper, essay, or report), group project and/or presentation. The overall passing mark is 50%.
|Application Code||2135-MK066A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- Any HKU SPACE Learning Centre
Examine key concepts, models, tools and processes of contemporary strategic marketing planning and management;
Analyze marketing & media research and environmental scanning in internal and external organizational environments;
Analyze marketing and public relations problems and provide solutions based on a critical examination of marketing information;
Design and develop a comprehensive public relations campaign or plan; and
Analyze the elements of ethical decision making to hypothetical and real world settings.
- Identify and appraise the needs, expectations and behaviour of event audience and other stakeholders;
- Illustrate and explain the event design and delivery plan in a cohesive way;
- Analyze, plan and manage different aspects of event production whilst recognizing the links between and across them;
- Develop a budgeting and financial plan in event production;
- Apply the multi-media and technology to create a cohesive event and engage audience; and
- Assess how international events offer opportunities and challenges to event managers across local and global contexts.
- Appraise the theoretical and practical elements underpinning marketing and brand communications in specific marketing scenarios;
Critique the validity of a variety of consumer-based models relating to the development of effective promotional activities in different market environments;
Analyze the nature, role and importance of marketing and brand communications in an international context;
Develop, recommend and justify a marketing and brand communications plan;
Evaluate the role of brand communications strategy within a marketing framework; and
Apply analytical and problem solving skills from different strategic perspectives to resolve marketing and brand communications problems, cases, and questions.
Evaluate and measure a reputational capital in the digital age;
Identify and evaluate online reputation threats including strategic, financial, social, environmental, behavioral, legal, operational, and technological threats;
Assess the impact of digital media on corporate branding and public relations;
Develop and strengthen relationships with stakeholders including media, employee, community, and investor; and
Identify, prioritize, and manage issues in response to emerging trends or changes in the socio-political environment.
Differentiate the characteristics of different types of corporate events;
Evaluate supply trends of corporate events in local, national and global context;
Analyse the different types of demand and the decision-making processes of corporate event buyers;
Review the planning and management of corporate events from different perspectives;
Identify and assess the principal economic, political, socio-cultural and environmental impacts of corporate events in a destination; and
Determine the appropriate application of management strategies for the successful planning, implementation and control of corporate events.
Explain how sponsorship works as a marketing communication channel and analyze its value to the sponsor;
Discuss sponsorship from the point of view of both the sponsor and the sponsee;
Appraise the marketing benefits that can accrue to the sponsor and the sponsee from an effective sponsorship programme;
Develop and review sponsorship proposals for tightness of fit;
Evaluate the purpose and importance of the sponsorship management plan; and
Devise strategies to build and maintain sustainable relationship with different types of event stakeholders.
3 terms every year commencing July, November and March.
Weekly Lectures, 1 to 2 modules per term, three terms in one year.
Weekdays (7 - 10pm) and occasional Weekends (2:30 - 5:30 pm).
Applicants should have:
(i) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution; OR
(ii) a professional qualification in a relevant discipline and three years of full-time work experience at senior managerial level in related industries.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
iv. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants not meeting the standard set of criteria for admission will be assessed on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$4900 - 5400 per module (Subject to change)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Digital Reputation Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Branding and Event Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10040-8||FEES $4,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Integrated Marketing and Brand Communications (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Branding and Event Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10039-4||FEES $4,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Strategic Marketing and Public Relations (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Branding and Event Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10038-6||FEES $5,400||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Corporate Event Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Branding and Event Management)|
|COURSE CODE 26Z10060-6||FEES $4,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Experiential Event Design and Delivery (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Branding and Event Management)|
|COURSE CODE 26Z10059-2||FEES $5,400||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Event Sponsorship and Partnership (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Branding and Event Management)|
|COURSE CODE 26Z10061-4||FEES $4,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Branding and Event Management
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
All applicants are required to complete the application form and submit it with ONE set of the following supporting documents together with application fee of HK$150 to any of the HKUSPACE enrolment centres:
1. Certified true copies* of full educational certificates and transcripts;
2. Original / Certified true copies* of testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s working experience;
3. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card;
*Certified true copies: Original certificates and transcripts together with the copies are required to be presented to any HKUSPACE enrolment centres for verification.
1. Cash or EPS
Application fee and Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or Bank Draft
Application fee and Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card number (if applicable).
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including "HKU SPACE Mastercard", at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard issued by Bank of East Asia may enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment for tuition fee of courses at HK$2,000 or above. The course must be enrolled under the cardholder’s name. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any of the enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances, subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries of the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of $120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for $30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE". Such copies will normally only be issued at the end of a course.
- All fees are subject to change without prior notice.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Marketing Communications and Branding
- Relevant Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Postgraduate Diploma in Luxury Services and Brand Management Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Marketing and Management Master of Science in Marketing Master of Science in Marketing with Festival and Event Management MSc Digital and Social Media Marketing