Accounting & Finance Accounting
Certificate for Module (Business Modeling with Excel in Accounting)
證書(單元 : EXCEL會計與商業模式)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- Every March and July / September
- 8 weeks
- Course Fee
Please pay attention to the deadline
The next intake after March 2021: September 2021 (To be confirmed)
Very useful, practical analysis tool for SME and personal planning.
CEF course - Maximum subsidy 80% of the course fee
Grab your chance and enroll ASAP!!
This programme aims to enable students to use Microsoft EXCEL as a tool to create powerful spreadsheet models for analysis and presentation of financial data and business results. Students will learn the important features of EXCEL from basic spreadsheet design and creation through formulas, functions, formatting, charts, multiple worksheets and “what-if” analysis.
- Introduction to Financial Models
- Spreadsheet Model Design
- Spreadsheet for Financial Modeling
- Models for Planning (Budgeting)
- Cost-Volume-Profit Modeling
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Statements Forecasting
Students are awarded the Certificate for Module if they can achieve 70% attendance rate and successfully complete the assessments (4 Individual Practical Tasks on business modeling).
March 2021 Intake (Tentative Schedule)
- Venue: Admiralty Learning Centre (Exit A, Admiralty MTR Station)
- Application Code 報名代碼：1875-2953AW
|1||20-Mar-2021||Saturday||2:30 – 6:30pm||Computer Laboratory|
|2||27-Mar-2021||Saturday||2:30 – 6:30pm||Computer Laboratory|
|3||17-Apr-2021||Saturday||2:30 – 6:30pm||Computer Laboratory|
|4||24-Apr-2021||Saturday||2:30 – 6:30pm||Computer Laboratory|
|5||8-May-2021||Saturday||2:30 – 6:30pm||Computer Laboratory|
|6||15-May-2021||Saturday||2:30 – 6:30pm||Computer Laboratory|
|7||22-May-2021||Saturday||2:30 – 6:30pm||Computer Laboratory|
|Lecture||29-May-2021||Saturday||2:30 – 4:30pm||Computer Laboratory|
A detailed timetable will be emailed to students before class commences. If not, please email to email@example.com
Map and address: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre
- The class schedule is tentative. We reserve the right to make changes.
- The course will be opened subject to sufficient enrolment.
- While we will try to minimise any timetable changes, please note that issues of lecturer and room availability may sometimes make these unavoidable.
- If you are applying to / have enrolled for more than one programme/course with HKU SPACE, please check to ensure that there are no scheduling conflicts before submitting your application.
- HKU SPACE reserves all rights to make revisions or alternations to the course schedule, content, tutor or other details if necessary.
- 30 hours, 8 lessons
No specific academic entry requirements. However, applicants are expected to possess a good understanding of financial and managerial accounting concepts and the basic knowledge of using Excel functions.
- Course Fee : HK$4,800 (The fee is subject to revision without prior notice, or even after admission onto the course. All fees paid are non-refundable, unless a course is over-subscribed or cancelled.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Business Modeling with Excel in Accounting)
|COURSE CODE 33C126591||FEES $4,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8487|
Continuing Education Fund
Assessment and Completion Requirements
To be eligible to claim CEF Reimbursement, students MUST successfully completed the courses－which means fullfill ALL following Assessment and Completion Requirements:
|Assessment||Achieve a Pass Grade in FOUR (4) Individual Practical Tasks on business modeling|
|Attendance||Attend at least 70% of total lecture hours|
For Continuing Education Fund (CEF) application procedures, please click here.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Business Modeling with Excel in Accounting)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please click here for online enrolment.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.