Certificate in German (Advanced)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- September 2020
- 40 weeks
- German supplemented with a little English where absolutely necessary for explanation.
- Course Fee
The application deadline has been postponed from 4 Mar to 30 Mar.
This programme can be taken upon successful completion of the Certificate in German (Upper Intermediate) or an equivalent programme of 350-370 hours. Students will practise speaking skills, expressing opinions on culture, sport, food & drink, current affairs, local events, holidays & the world today. They will read texts, comment in speaking & writing and listen to songs & recordings of native speakers. By the end of the programme, students should be able to talk with fluency about everyday topics, write simple texts on topics of familiar interest, follow the main ideas when listening to clear speech or reading simple texts.
The programme is equivalent to B1+ level in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- Unless any change is made to the advertised details, we will not issue joining instructions. If your application has been accepted, you should go to the first session of the class at the time and place shown. All the necessary teaching materials will be sent to you at the first session.
- No refunds or transfers to a different class will be approved.
- Swapping between parallel groups (if any) is not allowed under any circumstances.
- No make-up classes will be offered for students’ absence.
|Start Date||25 Apr 2020 (Sat)|
|Time||2:30 - 5:30 pm|
|Venue||HPSHCC Campus, Causeway Bay|
- 40 meetings, 120 hours
Applicants shall have:
- (a) obtained the Certificate in German (Upper Intermediate), awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE; or
(b) studied approximately 350-370 hours of German at a different institution; and
- sufficient English proficiency to follow simple explanations in English.
Other applicants may be interviewed if necessary to confirm their suitability for the programme, e.g. if they have studied a similar number of hours elsewhere or have alternative experience learning the language, such as a study visit to the country.
In the absence of the evidence listed in (1), students should contact HKU SPACE by 1 August 2020 for further information.
- Course Fee : HK$9,800
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate in German (Advanced)|
|COURSE CODE 38C124916||FEES $9,800||ENQUIRY 2975-5695|
Continuing Education Fund
All the 120-hour award-bearing German courses are eligible for CEF refunds. Please contact us directly for the latest information regarding this language.
To receive CEF reimbursement, students must:
- register with the Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF). (This is the responsibility of individual applicants);
- successfully complete the 120-hour course;
- take a recognised external language examination on completion of the course.
Application forms and full details of the reimbursement requirements can be found on: http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate in German (Advanced)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.Payment Method
1. CASH OR EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. CHEQUE OR BANK DRAFT
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of