Accounting & FinanceFinTech and Financial Intelligence
FinTech and Financial Intelligence
Fintech and Financial Intelligence are important developments shaping the future of the financial sector. In its latest Policy Address, the Hong Kong SAR Government announced plans to support innovation and technological development so that we can become a smart city. There is no doubt that the demand for Fintech and Financial Intelligence professionals will continue to increase. We offer programmes to equip students with cutting-edge Fintech and Financial intelligence knowledge which can support career and professional advancement.
"Think BIG DATA, Think HKU SPACE"
- impart financial and investment management knowledge and skills to students to enhance their financial decision making;
- facilitate students to understand and analyze contemporary issues as well as the latest development in the financial world;
- prepare students to sit for the CFA examinations based on the Candidate Body of Knowledge;
- equip students with the latest technologies on Big Data and Artificial Intelligence for financial industry;
- stimulate students to apply financial intelligence to perform investment management.
|This programme aims to provide students with the knowledge to investigate financial data which influences finance and investment decisions. Computer coding using Python will be discussed to handle data, build models and perform financial analysis quantitatively. The programme covers the applications of AI, Machine Learning and computerized algorithms to analyze trends and predict financial data.|
Executive Certificate in Applied Business Analytics and Decision Optimization provides students with the essential knowledge of Big Data, the framework of Business Analytics as well as the usage of computer software to optimize the solution for effective decision making. The programme also covers the data preparation procedures, methods in handling big data using Python, techniques of Business Analytics and optimal solution for decision making. Apart from applying the knowledge to solve problems in their workplace, students may consider further their studies in Big Data, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Operation Research, FinTech and Quantitative Analysis in future.
This programme aims to equip students with latest knowledge in innovation and applications of Internet Finance and Financial Technology (FinTech). It also focuses on the overall context in FinTech including regulatory framework, regulatory technology (RegTech), evolving digital technology and mobile commerce in finance.