Accounting & Finance Finance and Compliance
Certificate for Module (Enhanced Competency Framework on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing of Terrorism Professional Level)
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 12 Nov 2022 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- Nov 2022
- 18 hours
- Course Fee
Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) works together with the banking industry to introduce an industry-wide competency framework – Enhanced Competency Framework (ECF) on Anti-money Laundering and Counter-financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) to support talent development in AML/CFT. The syllabus will be provided by the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB) and this programme is offered for students to prepare for the ECF on AML/CFT Professional Level Examination.
Students who pass the examination with 3 years relevant work experience will be eligible to apply for Certified AML Professional (CAMLP). Please visit HKIB website (www.hkib.org/page/83) for further information on examination arrangements.
AML Lecturer: Mr Russell Harding
Guest Speaker: Mr Edgar Ma, Director Compliance Hong Kong, Citibank (Hong Kong) Limited
The total number of contact hours is 18 for the entire programme.
This programme aims to develop further the knowledge and skills of the more experienced practitioners in applying risk-based approach and risk management system for banks on AML/CFT in broader banking context and also effectively managing the interests of various stakeholders.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Assess and analyze the compliance risk of different operations by applying a risk-based approach and take current and emerging AML/CFT trends, regulatory requirements, techniques and typologies into account
- Develop compliance programme, control measures assessment tools and internal standards to manage compliance and fraud risk to align with laws and regulations particularly related to AML/CFT
- Track and monitor of activities critical to compliance and detect non-compliance issues, suspicious and illegal transactions based on observation, data analysis and regulatory requirements
- Manage and investigate incidents of non- compliance and develop mitigation strategies to minimize the impacts of breaches of regulations
- Build an effective AML/CFT risk management system with risk-based approach to ensure regulatory changes and related compliance programme and measures are well communicated to the employees
- Application of the risk-based approach
- Building an effective AML/CFT risk management system
- The risk-based approach and AML/CFT risks in specialist topics
- Ensuring financial inclusion
- Managing stakeholders effectively
- Attendance Requirement:
- The minimum class attendance requirement is 70%.
- Attend the whole programme session.
- Participants will not be given attendance record if they are late and/ or absent from the programme session for more than 15 minutes.
- Attendance for the entire programme is signified by the sign-in and sign-out records on the attendance form.
one individual assignment for whole programme
Upon completion the requirements of this programme, students will be awarded a Certificate for Module (Enhanced Competency Framework on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing of Terrorism Professional Level) within the HKU system through HKU SPACE
NOV 2022 schedule
Lecture Date Time
1 12 Nov 2022 (Sat) 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM; 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
2 19 Nov 2022 (Sat) 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM; 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
3 26 Nov 2022 (Sat) 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM; 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Please keep an eye on our School Website or Learner Portal for updated information. We will keep monitoring the situation closely and review the class arrangement in a timely manner.
Applicants shall fulfill the following entry requirement:
- Advanced Certificate for ECF on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) awarded or grandfathered by The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB)
- Course Fee : HK$4,800
- HK$500 (HKIB Study Guide - As pre-training assignment, students are required to complete the reading materials listed in the HKIB Study Guide before the training sessions. A digital version of Study Guide for amount HKD 500 is available for purchase by email at email@example.com)
To earn the certification of Certified AML Professional (CAMLP), candidates must be the Relevant Practitioners with at least 3 years of work experience in AML/CFT compliance and complete programme “Professional Certificate for ECF on Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT)” or have been grandfathered based on the required work experience upon the launch of the Professional Certificate programme.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.