Life & Health SciencesSports, Exercise & Recreation
Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Recreation Management
CEF Reimbursable Course
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 29 Mar 2021 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- 9 months
- Course Fee
- HK$37,500 per programme
Date: 22 January 2021 (Friday)
Time: 6:45pm – 7:30pm
For registration , please click the following link to complete the Google Form and then you will get the zoom link information.
The programme aims to optimise the employment opportunities of graduates and to ensure the ongoing development and acquisition of professional skills, attitudes and knowledge in a variety of recreation and sport settings.
The content is designed to prepare sport and recreation specialists in Hong Kong by developing specific sport and recreation management skills and unique theoretical foundations from an international standpoint by engaging with recreation and sport organizations that have global connections. Students will be encouraged to apply the principles of sport and recreation management in an international context and construct solutions to international sport and recreation management issues in order to improve overall management effectiveness; expand individual capacity for service as a professional and organizational leader; and enhance student understanding of the concepts and skills required to effectively use the human, physical and financial resources available in public and private international organizations.
There are features of this programme that distinguish it from other programmes offered in the subject field in Hong Kong as follows:
- It integrates international recreation and sport management practice with local scenarios;
- It focuses on strategic issues concerning recreation and sport business, resource management and planning in the industry;
- It provides a planned flexible pathway to studies from postgraduate diploma to master degree with an exit point at postgraduate diploma level.
Application will be made for the programme to be recognised by professional bodies in the UK and HK.
Students who are elite athletes can apply for the Western Harbour Tunnel Elite Athlete Education Scholarship, the deadline application is 31 May each year.
|Application Code||1875-HS110A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- 9 months (Normally 2 classes per week held during weekday evenings from 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m)
Sport and Recreation Strategic Business Management
Sport and Recreation Strategic Marketing
Resource Management in Sport and Recreation
Sport and Recreation Policy
Contemporary Issues in Sport and Recreation
Applicants shall hold a degree from a recognized institution in an appropriate subject, for example sport, social sciences, management or business, or equivalent.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an instituion where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS;
ii. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
iii. equivalent qualifications.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$37,500 per programme
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Recreation Management
|COURSE CODE 43G123424||FEES $35,900||ENQUIRY 3762-0862|
|Sport and Recreation Strategic Business Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Recreation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 43Z123431||FEES $7,180||ENQUIRY 3762-0862|
|Sport and Recreation Strategic Marketing (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Recreation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 43Z12344A||FEES $7,180||ENQUIRY 3762-0862|
|Resource Management in Sport and Recreation (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Recreation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 43Z123458||FEES $7,180||ENQUIRY 3762-0862|
|Sport and Recreation Policy (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Recreation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 43Z123466||FEES $7,180||ENQUIRY 3762-0862|
|Contemporary Issues in Sport and Recreation (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Recreation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 43Z123474||FEES $7,180||ENQUIRY 3762-0862|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Recreation Management
Graduates of this programme may be eligible to apply for membership of the Hong Kong Recreation Management Association and the World Leisure Organisation – Hong Kong Chapter. Application is being made for graduates to be considered for membership of the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), UK.
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”.
*HKU SPACE MasterCard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
A. In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Coourse fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Sport Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Sport Coaching Advanced Diploma in Recreation and Sports Management Advanced Diploma in Fitness and Exercise Studies Advanced Diploma in Sport Coaching and Performance Certificate for Module (Sport and Recreation Strategic Marketing) Certificate for Module (Sport and Recreation Policy) Certificate for Module (Sport and Recreation Strategic Business Management)