Accounting & Finance Corporate Governance
Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 26 Oct 2021 (Tue)
- Next intake(s)
- February 2022, June 2022
- 12 months
- English, supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$3900 per module
Hong Kong has a reputation for being one of the world’s freest economies...
*Articulate to the Advanced Diploma in Corporate Administration and Governance
*Application Deadline: 30 September 2021 (Thu)
Hong Kong has a reputation for being one of the world’s freest economies, with a level playing field in commerce and a fair and equitable society abiding by the rule of law. This unique environment has continued to give Hong Kong a competitive edge. By introducing this programme, we aim to provide knowledge and skills to the workforce in the areas of business administration, secretaryship, compliance and ethics.
Graduate : Ms. Ng "就算相隔幾千里都要一齊讀書"
Tutor: Mr. SUN, Andy "教書最開心是同學生建立友誼"
Programme Aims: to equip students with wide-scope knowledge in business administration concepts and secretarial practices.
It aims to:
- develop participants’ business communication skills and customer relation management in the workplace;
- equip participants with fundamental accounting concepts and basic bookkeeping skills so as to handle daily account related tasks during office operation;
- equip participants with records management concepts and skills for daily office operation;
- develop participants’ interest in office administration and to appreciate the administrative role within an organisation.
Graduates may articulate to the Advanced Diploma in Corporate Administration and Governance programme with a maximum of three modules exemption.
2. Transaction Accounting
3. Introduction to Company Secretaryship
4. MS Office Applications for Business#
5. Business Administration♦
6. Business Communication♦
*Exemptions of three modules can be granted. This will be considered on an individual basis.
Term 1 - October 2022
Introduction to Company Secretaryship
Term 2 - February 2022
|Business Administration Business Communication|
Term 3 - June 2022
*Programme schedule is subject to change without prior notice.
|1. Secretarial Practices||100%||
|2. Transaction Accounting||40%||60%|
|3. Introduction to Company Secretaryship||50%||50%|
|4. MS Office Applications for Business||100%||
|5. Business Administration||40%||60%|
|6. Business Communication||40%||60%|
*Assessment is based on coursework, final examination, and attendance (at least 70% of each module).
- Mr. LEE, Samuel (Adjunct Associate Professor) – MSc( Financial Engineering); MA(Electronic Business); MBA; LLB; BA (Accountancy)
- Dr. SAHI, Rashmi – MA; MPhil; PhD in English; PgDE in English; TESOL; Completion of Reading & Teaching Complex Texts (offered by CSET)
- Ms. YAU, Amy – MSc in Human Resource Management and Development; LLB; BA in International Business Management
- Mr. SUN, Andy –EMBA, Msc. Marketing, Msc. Finance Management (CISCP, ACSCM, FITLA, FISCM, CTL, CMIBA, PMP, CQM)
(i) have gained in the HKCEE Level 2 /Grade E or above in 3 subjects including in English Language, or equivalent; OR
(ii) have successfully completed the Project Yi Jin or Yi Jin Diploma; OR
(iii) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in 3 subjects including English Language; or equivalent
(iv) be aged 18 or above.
* Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit; if necessary, interviews and written tests may be required.
* With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for English Language (Syllabus B), Grade C in the case syllabus at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in the subject at HKCEE.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$3900 per module
- HK$23400 per programme (Course fees do not include textbook and are subject to change without prior notice)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Secretarial Practices (Module from Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10111-0||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Introduction to Company Secretaryship (Module from Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10112-9||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Business Administration (Module from Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10114-5||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Business Communication (Module from Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10115-3||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|MS Office Applications for Business (Module from Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10315-6||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Transaction Accounting (Module from Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z10125-6||FEES $3,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.