Business & Management Human Capital and Leadership
Technology has caused many organisations to review and change their traditional ways of running a business. This means that organisations need to reskill, upskill and develop new employee skills in order to meet the emerging skill needs of the organisation. Learning and development has become a major focus in human resource management.
This programme aims to equip students with a core understanding of the principles and practices of learning and development from a HR perspective. It discusses the development and importance of learning and development in an organisation and covers topics such as how learning and development works, how to identify, execute and measure the success of a learning programme. It also covers the different styles of adult learning and evolving skills necessary for the future of work.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- discuss the importance of continuous learning and development in organisations;
- identify the learning and development gaps in meeting organisational goals;
- apply knowledge of individual differences and adult learning principles to the planning of learning and development activities;
- measure and evaluate the effectiveness of learning and development activities;
- describe technologies that are influencing learning and development.
The programme consists of 33 hours of lectures:
- Introduction to Learning and Development
- Importance of Learning and Development
- Organisation Strategy and Human Resource Management
- How Learning and Development Works
- Learning and Development in Practice
- Planning and Action
- Technology Trends Influencing Learning and Development
- Adult Learning
- Contemporary Topics in Learning and Development
Upon passing all the assessments, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE the “Certificate for Module (Learning and Development)".
STUDENT DURATION AND TEACHING MODE
- Part-time programme: Face-to-Face lecture
- 11 sessions: Weekdays (7pm - 10pm)
- Study duration: 3 - 4 months
- The medium of instruction: English
- 70% Attendance Requirement
- Individual written assignment/ Online exercise/ Group project
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 11 meeting(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
(a) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language and Mathematics;
(b) (i) have gained in HKCEE Grade E in 4 subjects (including Mathematics) and Level 2 in English Language*,
OR equivalent; AND
(ii) one A-level pass or two AS-level passes in any subject or other equivalent post-secondary qualifications;
(c) hold a HKQF level 3 or equivalent Certificate in human resource management, business or related discipline.
Applicants who are aged 21 and above with relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for English Language (Syllabus B) (grade C in the case of Syllabus A) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in this subject at HKCEE.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Total Tuition Fee: HKD$4,600
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Learning and Development)
|COURSE CODE 33C134470||FEES $4,600||ENQUIRY 2867-8310/ 2975-5690|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Learning and Development)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) A non-refundable application fee of HKD$150 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrolment.
b) Photocopies of HKID card
c) Photocopies of relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials
d) Photocopies of documentary proof of the applicant's working experience.
*Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE CentresPayment Method
Tuition fees must be settled at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for the application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- Applicants must print out and sign on the payment slip (if any) before settling the tuition fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- Online payment is unavailable for this programme.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.