Business & Management Human Capital Leadership
Certificate for Module (Business Presentation and Storytelling Communication Techniques for Executives)
證書 (單元 : 行政人員商務演示及說書溝通技巧)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 13 Feb 2022 (Sun)
- Next intake(s)
- To Be Advised
- 3 months to 4 months
- Course Fee
- HK$4500 per programme
此課程已列入持續進修基金 CEF 認可課程*！
The objective of the programme is to provide business leaders and managers with the knowledge and skills to build a powerful business presentation and present it in a “storytelling” manner in order to engage the audience and achieve the desired business outcomes.
The programme will equip students with the knowledge and skills to structure a business presentation, add in powerful visuals and craft a “story” to turn dull information into an intriguing sharing opportunity, to engage the audience and communicate the intended message persuasively through the use of verbal and non-verbal skills.
The programme takes the practical approach of hands-on workshops where students get to practise what they learn through live presentations and sharing.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Critically examine the purpose of their business presentation and determine the business outcomes to be achieved;
- Craft an appealing “story” around the business message;
- Identify and select the right visual and audio tools for impact;
- Engage the business audience through verbal and non-verbal communication techniques that drive behaviour; and
- Deliver business presentations in a professional and convincing manner in order to achieve the desired business results.
The programme consists of 35 hours of lectures and 10 hours of workshop (storytelling and presentation practices):
- Pick your moment
- Be clear about the purpose of the business presentation
- Know your audience and their job roles
- About the presenter – yes, you
- Crafting the story
- Preparing the business presentation
- Business Communications Bore
- Types of Business Presentations
- Delivery Techniques
- Handling Stress
To successfully complete the programme, students must
- Attendance not less than 70%
- An overall pass rate of 60% in Coursework and 40% of Group Project
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a Certificate for Module (Business Presentation and Storytelling Communication Techniques for Executives).
|Lecture||Date (Every Sunday)||Time||Venue|
13, 20, 27
|2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.||TBA|
06, 13, 20, 27
03, 10, 17, 24
08, 15, 22, 29
*The class schedule is tentative. HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes if necessary.
Ms Celene Chang
With experience in finance, acting and teaching, Celene brings the best of these worlds to her approach to speaking. Celene graduated from Stanford with an MBA and a Master in Engineering and has worked as a management consultant and investment banker. She discovered the power of speech and communication at Stanford. Inspired, she continued her training at the American Conservatory Theater, London Academy of Dramatic Art, and Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, specializing in Shakespearean acting.
Days / Time
- Sunday, 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Applicants shall hold:
(i) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution; OR
(ii) a professional qualification and three years of full-time work experience
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
iv. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants not meeting the standard set of criteria for admission will be assessed on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$4500 per programme
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Business Presentation and Storytelling Communication Techniques for Executives)
證書 (單元 : 行政人員商務演示及說書溝通技巧)
|COURSE CODE 33C13117A||FEES $4,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
CM (Business Presentation and Storytelling Communication Techniques for Executives)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) Photocopies of HKID card
b) Photocopies of relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials
c) Photocopies of documentary proof of the applicant's working experience.
*Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres.Payment Method
Tuition fees must be settled at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for the application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- Applicants must print out and sign on the payment slip (if any) before settling the tuition fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- Online payment is unavailable for this programme.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.