This is a CEF Reimbursable Course
Hong Kong is always in need of personnel skilled in both English and Chinese. Regardless of title or profession, individuals frequently find themselves tapped for translation tasks; competency in multiple languages is a solid foundation for continued studies in any discipline and is often a prerequisite for career advancement.
The School offers translation programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels which aim to nurture sensitivity to languages and help students understand the nature of translation work.
This programme provides systematic training in translation for those who have a degree in any discipline other than translation.
To receive the award of Postgraduate Certificate in Translation, students should
- pass course assignments and final written examination
- have at least 80% attendance
Days / Time
- Tue, Fri, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
This programme consists of five modules:
- Theory and Practice of Translation
- Contrastive Studies and Linguistics
- English – Chinese Translation
- Chinese - English Translation
- Media Translation
1. (a) hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline other than translation awarded by a recognized institute or
(b) hold the membership of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL), and
2. have to pass a 1-hour entry test.
Note: Applicants are required to attend a one-hour entry test at one of the HKU SPACE Learning Centres (exact venue to be confirmed).
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- 1. Application fee is HK$150 (In person : by cash, VISA, MasterCard, EPS; By post : by cheque -payable to “HKU SPACE”)
2. Course fee: HK$20,200 to be paid on notification of acceptance.
*Fees are non-refundable and cannot be transferred.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Postgraduate Certificate in Translation
|COURSE CODE 24Z06702-6||FEES $20,200||ENQUIRY 3762-0830|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Certificate in Translation
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and submit the special application form by post or in person on or before the deadline stated in the above sections at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres together with:
- Copies of HKID card and certificate(s) proving your highest education qualification(s), and
- An application fee of HK$150 (In person: by cash, VISA, MasterCard, EPS; by post: cheque, payable to “HKU SPACE”) (Application fee is non-refundable and cannot be transferred.)
- If submission by mail, please post the application form with 1. and 2. to the below address:
Attn: Gideon Ip
11/F, Fortress Tower
250 King's Road, North Point
- More Programmes of