Accounting & Finance Accounting
Jan 2023 Intake Is Now Open for Application
This programme offered in Hong Kong is identical to the one offered at the University of Hull, UK. Graduate of the Higher Diploma, Associate Degree and Advanced Diploma in the areas of Accounting recognised by Hull are eligible to apply to the programme with exemptions. Students need to study 9 modules and can complete in 18 months. The programme is HKICPA and CPA Australia accredited and gains exemption from ACCA.
The University of Hull
Established in 1927, the University of Hull encompasses world-class teaching, research, impressive facilities, and a strong support network for more than 16,000 students.
Independent surveys have repeatedly shown that our undergraduates are some of the most satisfied students in the UK, who enjoy the sense of community on our attractive 125-acre campus. We were awarded 5 stars for teaching, employability and facilities by world university ranking experts QS. And the most recent Research Excellence Framework named us among the UK’s top 50 universities for research power.
Hull University Business School
Hull University Business School offers a wealth of opportunities to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate study and research, all designed to enhance your professional or academic development. Our degrees all build a strong understanding of the complexities of the global business environment to help you develop into a responsible, resourceful business leader.
Recognition from two of the leading global accreditation systems for business schools (AACSB and AMBA) has confirmed our status as a leading business school. AACSB accreditation is an internationally recognised accreditation specialised for business schools, and is held by less than 5% of the world’s 13,000 business programmes. This places us in a select group of UK business schools, assures students of our commitment to providing an outstanding experience and further enhances the value of their degree in the global employment market. In the most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF), a nationwide assessment of research at universities published in December 2014, Hull University Business School was placed 37th among 101 UK business schools for research power (research quality x number of staff submitted).
AACSB & AMBA Logo
BSc (Hons) Accounting
The BSc (Hons) Accounting programme is a joint collaboration between HKU SPACE and the Hull University Business School in the delivery of a BSc (Hons) Accounting in Hong Kong. Upon completion of the programme, students will be awarded the Bachelor degree qualification by the University of Hull. The programme to be offered in Hong Kong is identical to the one offered in the Hull University Business School, United Kingdom.
Advanced Diploma/ Higher Diploma/ Associate Degree in Accounting -> BSc(Hon) Accounting (9 Modules)
Non-Accounting programme (Advanced Diploma/ Higher Diploma/ Associate Degree) + Accounting Modules (On a case by case basic) ->BSc(Hon) Accounting (9 Modules)
HKICPA: Graduates will be eligible to enrol the Qualification Programme (QP) offered by Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA).
- ACCA : Graduates of this programme will be eligible for exemption from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Qualification examinations.
- CPA Australia : Students will be fast-tracked to becoming CPA Australia Associate members directly after graduation. In order to achieve CPA status completion of the CPA Program and Practical Experience Requirement is necessary
Sharing by current student - LAM Shuk-ting
(Completed Advanced Diploma in Accounting, HKBU-SCE in 2017)
Sharing by current student - NG Mei-ki
(Completed Higher Diploma in Accountancy, VTC HKIVE in 2017)
The entire programme consists of 18 modules or 360 credits. Students are required to take 180 credits' worth of modules each year and may normally complete the entire programme in three years of full time study in the UK, but in Hong Kong, only the Second Year and Final Year modules will be offered.
Students with qualifications such as Advanced Diploma, Higher Diploma and Associate Degree in Accounting are eligible to apply for direct admission to the Second Year of the programme. Students admitted are exempted form the First Year and half of the Second Year. Subsequently, students only need to complete the remaining 9 modules for graduation.
|2.||Advanced Management Accounting|
|5.||Advanced Financial Reporting & Theory|
|6.||Current Issues in Financial Management|
|7.||Business & Company Law (Hong Kong)|
|8.||Information Systems in Accounting & Finance|
|9.||Taxation (Hong Kong)|
An additional, student need to attend 90-hour (3 modules x 30 hours) Academic English for the Professions (Accounting) course. The course is offer at a subsidized rate of HK$1,500 per module (30 hours). This is a non-credit bearing course and the grades will not be counted towards the classification of degree.
Each module comprises 42 contact hours consisting of a combination of lectures and tutorials. The University of Hull teaching staff will conduct one 18-hour intensive teaching block supplemented by 18 hours plus 6 hours drop-in sessions to be conducted by HKU SPACE lectures.
September Intake module schedule
January Intake module schedule
Statistics of graduates' results
Degree Classification Chart (From 2006 - Up-to-date)
1st Class Hons: 15%
2nd Hons Upper: 53%
2nd Hons Lower: 28%
3rd Class Hons: 3%
Ordinary Degree: 1%
|Application Code||2065-AC035A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- 18 months
- Professor Michael TAYLES - BA Open University; MBA, PhD Brad; FCMA; CGMA
- Mr. Graeme REID - BSc (Hons), DipHE Hull; FCA; FCCA; FAIA (Acad.)
- Dr. Yawen HUDSON - BSc, PGDip, PhD Loughborough; FCCA
- Professor Mahbub ZAMAN - BA (Hons) LSBU; MA Essex; PhD Manchester
- Dr. Mark GREGORY - BSc Reading; MSc Kingston; PhD Open University
- Ms. Susan WEBSTER - Foundation Course in Accounting Trent Polytechnic Nottingham
- Dr. Richard ANDREWS - BSc (Hons) DMU; MSc in Finance Leicester; PhD Hull
- Dr. Jian WANG - BA, MRes, PhD Essex
- Dr. Mohamed KHALIL - BCom (Hons), MAcct Tanta; PGDip, PhD Hull
- Dr. BJ Lee - BSc Ulster; PrDip CIM; MBA Wales Cardiff; DBA Macq; MCIM; Chartered Marketer; CPA (Aust.)
- Dr. Joseph Ho - PhD HKU; MA in Management Systems, Hull U; PrDip in Company Secretaryship and Administration, HK Polytechnic; ABE AdvDip (Human Resource Management; Travel, Tourism and Hospitality; Business Management); NCC Certificate of Systems Analysis and Design (UK); ACEA Dip. (Executive and Management Accountancy); Cert. online mentoring course, Oxford Brooks University.
- Dr. H.S. Wong - LLB Lond, LLM HK, MBA Sydney, MBL Monash, PhD Exeter, CA ANZ, CPA Aust, Solicitor
- Ms. Edith Chan - MBA Adelaide; FCPA (Practising); FCCA; FCA; CTA; ATIHK; MSCA; Workshop Facilitator Trainer, Workshop Facilitator, QP Module D Marker (Team Leader), FE Marker (Team Leader) and Script Reviewer (Module D and FE)
- Mr. Sam Law - BSCE Hawaii; BSc HPU; LLB Lond; MBA Berkeley; FCCA; FCPA; CMA; CICPA
- Mr. Samuel Cheung - BComm in Accounting, Management Information Systems and Entrepreneurship McGill; MPA Poly UHK; MBA in Financial Management Manchester; HKICPA; AICPA; CGMA
- Dr. Gary Leung - BComm in Accounting CUT; PgDip in Corporate Administration, MPA Poly UHK; Dip in Forensic Accounting Brentwood Open Learning College; Doctor of Business Management European University (Swiss)
- Mr. Steve Lee - BComm Toronto; LLB London; AICPA; CPA Washington; HKICPA; FTIHK
- Ms. Iris Kwok - BA Manchester; MBA Aston
- Mr. Frank Chan - BA HKU; BComm in Accounting CUT; MBA UoL; MPA, MBA Monash
- Mr. Kingsley Yip - LLB City U; PrDip Poly U; PGDip HKU
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
|UK Lecturer block teaching||
To be conducted on Fri, Sat, Sun
3 hrs x 6 sessions on weekdays
2 hrs x 3 sessions on weekdays
Tutorials: Weekday evenings: 7:00 - 10:00 pm
Lectures (ONCE per semester): Wednesday-Friday: 7:00 - 10:00pm, Saturday: 4:00- 9:00pm, Sunday: 4:00 - 8:00pm
***Schedule is tentative and upon changes when necessary***
- a Grade E in the Use of English in Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE); or
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination with minimum score of overall level 4 in English Language (with a minimum of level 3 in each skill); or
- IELTS with a minimum score of overall 6.0 (with no subtest less than 5.5); or
- Pearson Academic Test of English with minimum of 54 overall (with a minimum of 51 in each skill); or
- recognised equivalent.
- HKU SPACE
- HKU SPACE Community College
- HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Stanley Ho Community College
- VTC IVE
- Poly U HKCC
- City University of HK
- Lingnan University CC/ Lingnan Life
- Hong Kong School of Commerce
- All other QF Lv 4 Advanced Diploma/ Higher Diploma/ Associate Degree holders
HK$200 non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$13,500 per module (All fees are subject to change without prior notice)
* Students can apply for Non-Means-Tested Loan. Please contact the Programme Team if you need further information.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Financial Reporting (Module from BSc (Hons) Accounting programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z05244-1||FEES $13,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8491|
Continuing Education Fund
The below modules commence after Sep-2022 are eligible for CEF application:
- 33Z138240 — Taxation (Hong Kong) (Module from Bachelor of Science With Honours in Accounting)
- 33Z138259 — Business & Company Law (Hong Kong) (Module from Bachelor of Science With Honours in Accounting)
The below modules will be expired on Mar-2023:
- 23Z05246-8 —Current Issues in Financial Management (Module from BSc(Hons) Accounting)
- 23Z05245-A —Advanced Financial Reporting & Theory (Module from BSc(Hons) Accounting)
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
BSc (Hons) Accounting
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants are required to complete the application form and submit together with the following fees and documents to any of our any HKU SPACE Centres:
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A non-refundable $200 application fee;
- A Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card;
- One set of certified true copies* of full educational certificates and transcripts ;
*Original Certificates and transcripts together with the copies are required to be presented to any HKU SPACE Learning Centres for vertification.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.