Computing and Data Science Advanced Technology and Computing
This bachelor degree programme (Bsc) is designed to equip students with practical skills and technical knowledge about computer communications, systems and networks. This bachelor degree proramme also prepares graduates for a range of careers within the international computer networking industry for employment such as computer network engineers, designing, analysing and developing networks in both large and small organisations; or as managers involved in maintaining and developing computer networks to meet current and future operational and security requirements.
Mode of Teaching
The course contents are developed by Middlesex University. HKU SPACE provides local lectures and tutorials that match closely with Middlesex University. Students are required to have a minimum of 75% attendance to both lectures and tutorials for all modules.
All enrolled students will be given a reader card to access the Libraries in HKU and an account for the School's e-learning platform, SOUL 2.0. In addition, students are granted access to myUniHub of Middlesex University. It is a place where a student can find online materials, learning tools, resources, and calendar dates to support his/her studies together with discussion areas and module information.
Year 1 modules are assessed by coursework only. Year 2 and 3 modules are assessed by a mix of coursework/examinations or coursework only. All assessments are set and moderated by Middlesex University. Coursework is marked by the module tutors of HKU SPACE and moderated by Middlesex University module leaders. Examinations are set, marked and moderated by Middlesex University. All graduates are required to demonstrate their final level of learning, self-management and communication skills through final year project work and the accompanying project report.
For holders of Higher Diploma in Telecommunication, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent, exemptions may be granted at the discretion of Middlesex University.
This programme is designed, assessed and quality assured by Middlesex University.
|Application Code||2050-IT019E||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Island East Campus / HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Stanley Ho Community College Campus
Date / Time : Lecture - weekdays, 7:00-10:00pm; Tutorial - weekday evenings or Sat afternoons
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
Year 1 - Modules
- CST1500 Computer Systems Architecture and Operating Systems
- CST1510 Programming for Data Communication and Networks
- CST1520 Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- CST1530 Computer Networks
Year 2 - Modules
- CST2500 Data Communications
- CST2510 Network Practices and Operations
- CST2522 Network and Protocol Analysis
- CST2560 Project Management and Professional Practice
Year 3 - Modules
- CST3540 Advanced Networking
- CST3570 Network Management and Disaster Recovery
- CST3577 Network Security
- CST3590 Individual Project
Note: Computing is a fast changing topic and it is possible that the above list of modules may be subject to occasional change.
- All coursework is set and moderated by staff from Middlesex University.
- Middlesex University provides course materials, while HKU SPACE provides local tutorials, project supervision and access to HKU libraries.
For entry to Year 1, applicants shall hold:
i) a Certificate or Diploma in Information Technology related area; OR
ii) an equivalent academic qualification approved by Middlesex University
For direct entry to Year 2, applicants shall hold:
i) an Associate Degree or a Higher Diploma in Information Technology related area awarded within the HKU System through HKU SPACE; OR
ii) an equivalent academic qualification approved by Middlesex University
Note: Applicants with relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 non-refundableCourse Fee
- Approximately HK$150,000* in six instalments (HK$119,080^ + £3,129^)
Registration Fee: £63^
* Subject to exchange rate
^ Subject to annual changes
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
- All applicants are required to complete one Application Form and, either submit them in person, upload them to the online application system, or post them to The Programme Leader, Bachelor of Science (Honours) Computer Networks, College of Life Sciences and Technology, HKU SPACE, at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- All applications, either by post or in person must be accompanied by:
- Certified photostat copies of full educational certificates and transcripts.
- A non-refundable crossed cheque payable to ‘HKU SPACE' for HK$150 in respect of the application processing fee.
Note: When submitting your application in person at any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centers, please bring along the originals of your educational certificates / transcripts for certification. If you are posting your application, please arrange to bring the originals of the relevant documents for certification at any of HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres before the commencement of classes.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
Middlesex University is a British university based in London, with a distinguished heritage of excellence and innovation in higher education. There are over 40,000 students on Middlesex courses at campuses in London, Dubai, Malta and Mauritius, and with prestigious academic partners across the world.
The Middlesex University is the leading University for transforming potential into success. The university has a reputation for the highest quality British teaching, research that makes a real difference to people's lives and practical, innovative approach to provide business solutions.