Accounting & Finance FinTech and Financial Intelligence
In this Big Data Era, HR personnel are keen on automating and visualizing...
There are practical classes in computer laboratory. Our seasoned lecturer will discuss the design, development and implementation of RPA with illustrations using computational tools. Practical applications and cases from the perspectives of business and finance will be shared. Welcome for your online application!
The programme aims to provide students with essential knowledge of robotic process automation (RPA) in streamlining workflow and improving business operations. It covers the design, development and implementation of RPA with illustrations using computational tools. Practical applications and cases of RPA for business and finance will be discussed.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
1. explain features and development of robotic process automation (RPA) for enterprises;
2. outline key processes and implementation of RPA;
3. apply computational tools to implement RPA and develop task automation; and
4. discuss cases, applications and implications of RPA for business and finance.
|Application Code||2045-FN061A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 7:00pm
- 30 hours per programme
- Kowloon East Campus
- Hong Kong Island Campus
(1) Introduction to Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
(2) Implementations and applications of RPA for business and finance
Assessment method: Two in-class exercise + Group Project Presentation
Upon successful completion of the programme, students who have passed the continuous assessment and final assessment with attendance no less than 70% will be awarded with the Certificate for Module (Robotic Process Automation with Business and Financial Applications) within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
(1) Mr. Osmond Li
Mr. Li has over 25 years of hands-on experience managing complex multi-national IT projects. As the Head of Enterprise Development & Database Administration of Group IT at Dah Chong Hong Holdings Ltd., Osmond oversees the architecture and implementation of various business applications including automotive management systems, supply chain management systems, warehouse management systems, data warehouse, BI analytics & mobile applications. In addition, he is responsible for managing the IT development teams in Hong Kong & China, as well as database administration team. Prior to joining Dah Chong Hong, Osmond served as a consultant at Oracle Consulting and was responsible for implementing the clients’ IT projects.
Recently, Mr. Li served as the chief architect for Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to automate the manual business processes with modern state-of-art design. Furthermore, as the Head of Enterprise Development, Osmond strives to deliver excellence in quality and has attained the certification for Automation Anywhere Certified RPA Professional in 2020. His passion & teamwork skills have successfully transformed the teams to a digital RPA team.
Mr. Li holds a BSc in Engineering from University of Hong Kong & a MBA from Heriot-Watt University. Osmond also holds Microsoft Certified Azure Data Scientist & AI Engineer. In his spare time, Osmond is dedicated to many charitable activities and has been a church mentor at a youth fellowship for more than 18 years.
(2) Dr. Roy Wong
Dr. Wong has more than twenty-five years hands-on experience in design and development of Enterprise Architecture and Software. He is the Principal Consultant for E-Mars Intelligent Technology LTD now. He is full of enthusiasm in providing professional consulting services and AI related learning course for clients in China, Hong Kong and South Asia.
Dr. Wong received his Doctor of Engineering in The Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2020. He is a specialist in computer vision system. Dr. Wong has one granted patent and one pending patent in this specific area. Both patents involve the innovation of machine learning. Before obtaining the Doctoral degree, Dr. Wong has five master's degree in Electronic and Information Engineering, Software Technology, Software Engineering, Signal Processing, Business Administration and Psychology.
September 2022 intake
|1||17 Sep 22 (Sat)||14:00 - 19:00|
|2||24 Sep 22 (Sat)||14:00 - 19:00|
|3||8 Oct 22 (Sat)||14:00 - 19:00|
|4||15 Oct 22 (Sat)||14:00 - 19:00|
|5||22 Oct 22 (Sat)||14:00 - 19:00|
|6||29 Oct 22 (Sat)||14:00 - 19:00|
Remarks: Tentative timetable is subject to change and course commencement is subject to sufficient enrollment numbers.
Applicants should hold an Advanced Diploma, a Higher Diploma or an Associate Degree awarded by a recognized institution. Those with a business, IT or computer science background would have an advantage.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$9000 per programme
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Robotic Process Automation with Business and Financial Applications)
|COURSE CODE 33C134357||FEES $9,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8331|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Robotic Process Automation with Business and Financial Applications)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate for Module (Business Analytics and Web Scraping) Certificate for Module (Big Data Governance and Data Compliance) Executive Certificate in Text Analytics and NLP with Financial Technology Executive Certificate in AI and Deep Learning in Quantitative Finance Executive Diploma in Financial Analytics Executive Certificate in Applied AI and Predictive Analytics for Business Executive Certificate in Applied Business Analytics and Decision Optimization Executive Certificate in Applications of Blockchain in Financial Technology Executive Certificate in Financial Decision Making: Big Data and Machine Learning