Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Sports, Exercise and Recreation Management
This module aims to provide students with the skills to critically assess sport performance in athletes, to investigate those extrinsic and intrinsic factors that impact upon performance and to provide the basis for students to be able to formulate their own strategies for developing sport performance.
On completion of the module, students should be able to
- Evaluate factors that affect sport and exercise performance;
- Observe and critically analyse an athlete’s performance, and develop strategies for development;
- Critically discuss a range of psychological, physiological, technical and tactical techniques to develop sport performance;
- Combine a range of assessment and development techniques to plan the development of an athlete’s performance in a selected sport.
- Factors that affect sport and exercise performance
- Analysing an athlete's performance, and developing strategies for development
- A range of psychological, physiological, technical and tactical techniques to develop sport performance
- A range of assessment and development techniques to plan the development of an athlete's performance in a selected sport
Students who complete the course with a minimum of 70 % attendance rate and 50% of the total mark will be awarded a Statement of Achievement by HKU SPACE.Duration
- 4 months
- Island East Campus
- Fortress Tower Learning Centre
- HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Stanley Ho Community College (HPSHCC) Campus Island East Campus
- have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in 5 subjects (including Chinese Language and English Language), or equivalent; or
- (a) (i) be aged at least 21 years of age and have three years of relevant work experience, or
(ii) hold a Certificate in relevant subjects;
(b) provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
(i) HKDSE English Language at Level 2; or
(ii) HKCEE English Language at Level 2; or
(iii) HKCEE English Language (Syllabus B) at Grade E (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)); or
(iv) an overall band of 6 with subtest of 5.5 in the IELTS; or
(v) a score of 550 in the paper-based TOEFL or a score of 213 in the computer-based TOEFL.
Applicants may be required to attend an interview and/or an English test.
- Course Fee : HK$4,150 per module (The course fee is reviewed annually, and the fee is subject to change without prior notice)
Upon successfully completion of this course students can obtain a Statement of Achievement.
If students wish to pursue further studies of the Advanced Diploma programme, they may apply for the Advanced Diploma in Sport Coaching and Performance.
Application Form Download Application FormPayment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.