Business & Management Business Management
Please contact Programme Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management aims to equip current and potential business leaders and senior managers with knowledge and competencies appropriate to a leadership role in business management. The programme adopts a practical approach with the goal of preparing students with the skills to address the managerial issues in an increasingly changing environment.
- Business leaders who want to develop strategic management perspectives for their leadership role;
- Individuals who desire to develop their management, leadership and decision-making skills; and
- Individuals who plan to increase their competitiveness in the industry.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Critically evaluate established and emerging concepts, principles, theories, and philosophies underpinning the broad area of business management at both functional and strategic levels;
- Apply emerging and established tools, techniques and methodologies in solving organisational problems;
- Utilize the knowledge in accounting and finance for planning and decision making;
- Recommend appropriate organisational responses to operational issues and apply appropriate analytical techniques used in strategic decision making;
- Critically evaluate the theories and the role of marketing in a variety of contexts;
- Identify and utilise appropriate leadership style(s) for situations, including planning, developing and sustaining mutually beneficial relationship between people of different functions in an organisation;
- Critically evaluate opportunities for change and implement strategic plans in dynamic business environments to facilitate objectives fulfilment; AND
- Apply knowledge in data analytics during the managerial decision-making process.
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management comprises 6 modules with a total 90 credits.
Upon passing of all the continuous assessment and the in-class test students will be awarded (within the HKU system through HKU SPACE) the “Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management”.
- 3 intakes per year (Jan; May; Sep)
Study Duration and Teaching Mode
- Part-time programme: Face-to-Face lecture
- 13 lectures: weekdays (7 - 10 pm) OR weekends (2 - 5 pm)
- Study duration: 12-24 Months (39 hours per module)
- The medium of instruction: English
- 70% Attendance Requirement
- Coursework (Group report & Presentation / Written Report / Online activities) + In-class test (2hours)
|Application Code||2085-MS112A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- 39 hours per module
- 6 module(s)
|1. Accounting and Finance for Management||HKD $14,000|
|2. Marketing Management|
|3. Operations Management||HKD $14,000|
|4. Culture and Change Management: Strategy and Practice|
|5. Leadership and Talent Management||
|6a. Data-driven Managerial Decision Making (elective module)*|
|6b. Research Methods (elective module)*|
* Student may select one of the elective modules.
- hold a bachelor’s degree awards by a recognized institution; OR
- hold a professional qualification in a relevant discipline and three years of full-time work experience at senior managerial level in related industries.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
iv. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
*Applicants not meeting the standard set of criteria for admission will be considered on individual merit.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Total Tuition Fee: HKD$42,000 ($7,000 per module)
[Tuition Fee by 3 instalments; each instalment: HKD$14,000]
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management|
|COURSE CODE 33F120675||FEES $42,000||ENQUIRY 2910-7610|
|Accounting and Finance for Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z120686||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2910-7610|
|Operations Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z120694||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2910-7610|
|Marketing Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z120708||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2910-7610|
|Leadership and Talent Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z120716||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2910-7610|
|Culture and Change Management: Strategy and Practice (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z120724||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2910-7610|
|Data-driven Managerial Decision Making (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z120732||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2910-7610|
|Research Methods (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z128253||FEES $7,000||ENQUIRY 2910-7610|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) A non-refundable application fee of HKD$200 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrolment.
b) Photocopies of HKID card
c) Photocopies of relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials
d) Photocopies of documentary proof of the applicant's working experience.
*Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres.Payment Method
Tuition fees must be settled at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for the application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- Applicants must print out and sign on the payment slip (if any) before settling the tuition fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- Online payment is unavailable for this programme.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Business Management Human Capital and Leadership