Marketing & HospitalityDigital and Social Media Marketing
Executive Certificate in Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 23 Feb 2021 (Tue)
- 3 months
- Cantonese, supplemented with English materials
- Course Fee
This programme focuses on the practical aspects of designing and planning a digital and social media marketing campaign, as part of the overall marketing strategy.
In addition to introducing the basic evergreen principles of running successful digital campaigns, the programme also helps students understand the new tools, trends, and best practices that digital marketers should be aware of.
Overview of Digital and Social Media Marketing
- Roles of digital marketing and social media in marketing
- Latest trends in digital and social media marketing
- 360 degree multi-channel communications
- Changes in consumer journey and customer engagement
- Customer segmentation and customer persona
- Integration among paid, earned and owned media
- The landscape of digital and social media marketing channels
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing and Google Ads
- Native Advertising
- Content Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
Digital Campaign Design and Optimization
- Formulating objectives and defining target audience
- Budget planning
- Role of data, metrics, KPI in digital marketing
Mr K. Tsang
Mr K. Tsang has 10 years of digital marketing experience. Currently, he is the Marketing Manager at a renowned global FMCG company.
Assessement will be based on a group project presentation.
Upon successful completion of the group project presentation and attendance of at least 70% of all classes, "Executive Certificate in Digital and Social Media Marketing" will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
|Application Code||1870-EP120A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 7:30pm - 10:00pm
Class meets on every week starting from February 23, 2021 :
Feb 23, 2021
Mar 3, 2021 (Wednesday)
Mar 9 2021
Mar 15, 2021 (Monday)
Mar 23, 2021
Mar 30, 2021
Apr 6, 2021
Apr 13, 2021
|9||Apr 20, 2021|
|10||Apr 27, 2021|
|11||May 4, 2021|
|12||May 11, 2021|
Duration: February 2021 - May 2021
1st - 12th class: 7:30-10pm
Applicants shall hold:
(a) a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent, or
(b) an associate degree/ a higher diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience, or
(c) possess relevant professional qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$6,000
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”.
*HKU SPACE MasterCard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
A. In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Coourse fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- Relevant Programmes
- 行政人員證書《創意品牌及品牌管理》 行政人員證書《數碼品牌傳播》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》 行政人員證書《社交媒體及數碼營銷分析》 Executive Certificate in Data-driven Creative Thinking for Marketers Executive Certificate in Professional Digital Media Selling Executive Certificate in Effective Digital Media Buying and Planning Professional Diploma in Marketing Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries Certificate for Module (Retail Management and Operations) Certificate for Module (Strategic Retail Marketing) Certificate for Module (Public Relations Planning) Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Public Relations Advanced Diploma in Marketing Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing