Accounting & FinanceAccounting
Certificate for Module (Ethics and Governance for CPA Programme Revision Course)
證書 (單元 : 澳洲會計師公會專業考試備試課程 - 道德與管治)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- Jan 2021
- 10 weeks
- Course Fee
CEF for the course, you only need to pay $900 (20% of course fee)
Video recording will be available!
Congratulations! Exceptional Performance for our students
(4% Distinction & 4% High Distinction on the 2019 semester 2!!)
Higher Pass rate than national in 2019 Semester 2!!
HKU SPACE is the Registered Tuition Provider for the CPA Program. We have provided intensive tuition to students for years and they have achieved high passing rates. Our leading lecturing team is well recognised and most familiar with the latest exam structure, style and the required exam techniques. We offer highly comprehensive and structured examination preparatory courses in assisting you to tackle the CPA Program professional examinations.
- Tutor Profile: Our lecturers are experienced and professional; they equip students with knowledge and exam techniques.
- Video Recording: Students could access the video on our School SOUL platform for revision.
- Convenient Location: Learning Centres of HKU SPACE are conveniently located at different districts of Hong Kong (near MTR station).
- Administrative Support: Students ‘ enquiries are handled by designated staff.
- Study Room: Available to students at various Learning Centres of HKU SPACE.
The aims of the programme are to enable students to identify and resolve ethical issues or conflicts throughout their career. It also aims to ensure students understand the importance of governance, including the role of professional accountant in achieving effective governance and the role of accounting, and of accountants, in providing information about the social and environmental performance of an organisation.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- explain, from a global perspective, the nature of the accounting profession and the roles of professional accountants;
- apply the key professional responsibilities of an accountant from the perspective of a member of CPA Australia;
- explain the importance of ethics and professional judgment;
- describe key governance and regulatory frameworks, including international perspectives on corporate governance and the roles of various stakeholders;
- explain the expectations placed on various internal and external stakeholders arising from organisational governance responsibilities;
- ascertain various compliance and regulatory regimes impacting the global business environment;
- identify the strategic, leadership and global issues impacting accountants and the accounting profession; and
- describe the nature, role and importance of corporate social responsibility, including climate change and sustainable development.
Students are required to do a 2-hour written examination.
Students who are able to satisfy both the attendance requirement (minimum 70%) and passed the above programme assessment will be conferred a "Certificate for Module (Ethics and Governance for CPA Programme Revision Course)".
A Statement of Attendance will be awarded to those who have attended 70% of the required hours.
4% of our students achieved results with Distinction
4% of our students achieved results with High Distinction
Exam Result Analysis on 2019 Semester two
We offer the most comprehensive and structured examination preparatory courses in assisting you to tackle the compulsory and elective subjects of CPA Program.
** ONLINE ENROLMENT IS PREFERRED **
Application for course is on first-come-first-served basis. Only students enrolled in the coming examinations of the CPA Program are eligible to enrol this revision course. Students must check with CPA Australia (Tel: 2891 3312) that they are eligible to write the examinations.Duration
- 10 lectures of 30 hours
- Mr. David Roper
17 July 2020 (Fri)
|31 July 2020 (Fri)||19:00-22:00||HK Island|
|7 Aug 2020 (Fri)||19:00-22:00||HK Island|
|14 Aug 2020 (Fri)||19:00-22:00||HK Island|
|21 Aug 2020 (Fri)||19:00-22:00||HK Island|
|28 Aug 2020 (Fri)||19:00-22:00||HK Island|
|4 Sep 2020 (Fri)||19:00-22:00||HK Island|
|11 Sep 2020 (Fri)||19:00-22:00||HK Island|
|18 Sep 2020 (Fri)||19:00-22:00||HK Island|
|25 Sep 2020 (Fri)||19:00-22:00||HK Island|
- Only students enrolled in the coming examinations of the CPA Program are eligible to enrol this revision course.
- Students must check with CPA Australia (Tel: 2891 3312) that they are eligible to write the examinations.
For Non-local applicants, students should hold valid visa (e.g. Student Visa, Employment Visa or Dependent Visa.)
- Course Fee : HK$4500 (Lecture notes will be provided, excluding textbook.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Ethics and Governance for CPA Programme Revision Course)
|COURSE CODE 33C120488||FEES $4,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8474|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Ethics and Governance for CPA Programme Revision Course)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Please click here for online enrolment.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate for Module (Strategic Management Accounting for CPA Programme Revision Course) Certificate for Module (Financial Reporting for CPA Programme Revision Course) Certificate for Module (Advanced Audit and Assurance for CPA Programme Revision Course) Certificate for Module (Financial Risk Management for CPA Programme Revision Course) Certificate for Module (Global Strategy and Leadership for CPA Programme Revision Course)