The programme aims to provide students with advanced knowledge of the coaching practice and exercise science components that underpin sport coaching and development. The programme will enhance students’ analytical ability, improve their problem-solving skills and encourage innovative solutions to sport coaching problems. It also aims to enable students to develop their coaching expertise alongside their sport-specific qualifications and support qualified sport coaches seeking higher level professional recognition.
This is a programme specifically for future coaches and sports educators. This specialisation means that you’ll have the skills, knowledge and understanding that may not be taught in a general sports degree.
The curriculum of the programme reflects staff expertise and research interests, key trends in associated national, international professional bodies and current sport policy, and the relevant national benchmarks.
Embedded transferable skills in areas such as information technology, problem-solving, communication and reflective practice will help students to prepare for a global market and pursue lifelong learning.
- Unique top-up degree programmes offered by one of the top universities in the UK for international undergraduate study in sport;
- Completed in 36 months of part-time study;
- Work placement opportunities in public and private sectors;
- Applications considered from AD/HD holders in sport, exercise, coaching and related subjects;
* The tuition fee is reviewed annually and is subject to change without prior notice.