Marketing & HospitalityHospitality, Tourism & Events
Certificate in Private Jet Hospitality Service Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 19 Apr 2020 (Sun)
- 4-8 months
- English, supplemented with Chinese
- Course Fee
- *HK$22,800 per programme *(excluding the field trip expenses)
Module 1 : HK$4,400 (payable upon application for Module 1)
Module 2 : HK$13,800 (payable upon start of Module 2)
Module 3 : HK$1,900 (payable upon start of Module 3)
Module 4 : HK$2,700 (payable upon start of Module 4)
This course is on the list of <Professional Training and Examination Refund Scheme> under <Maritime and Aviation Training Fund>. Eligible applicants are refunded with 80% of the fees.
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund (CEF).*
此課程已列入持續進修基金 CEF 認可課程(只限部分單元) 。
This programme aims to meet the continuing education and professional development needs of those who are currently working in the business aviation field or those who have aspirations in developing their future careers in the private jet business. The programme provides core private jet management and operation concepts, as well as specialized knowledge in delivering premium inflight butler services. A broad and holistic view of private jet management will be given to students with particular emphasis on hospitality service techniques.
FIVE REASONS TO STUDY THIS PROGRAMME AT HKU SPACE!
(1) Potential Employment Opportunities:
After completion of the programme, students may pursue career opportunities including private jet flight attendant, front-line operation and back-of-house management positions. Our teachers are in the field who can give you solid and useful advice!
Ms. Jenny Lau, Group President, Sino Jet.
“Being the founder and group president of Sino Jet, I am proud that Sino Jet is the fastest growing business jet operator in Asia Pacific with expertise in aircraft management, aircraft charter, aircraft maintenance, ground handling services and crew resources management training. China has the strongest demand on business jet travel among Asia Pacific, the movement and international business aviation has been increasing every year and demands of business aviation has been growing in Japan, Singapore and Taiwan.
To accommodate the increasing number of aircraft movement, government, operators and a community of industry professionals have continued to expand service scope and make progress on key initiatives in different regions to meet the growth in traffic demand. Under the circumstances, we need more newcomers to enter the business aviation industry. We believe that the passion of young people are grabbing the reins of the industry and pushing it to ever-greater heights.
As an industry leader, I am honoured to have HKU SPACE support in business aviation industry. I hope every student can be well equipped from the course, I am sure every students would start doing things differently from the moment they stepped out of the room.”
(2) Strong Connections with Business Aviation Industry and Eligibility of Student Membership:
HKUSPACE works closely with two business aviation industry associations namely:
(a) Association of Business Aviation Professionals’
It may provide useful employment information to our students. Association of Business Aviation Professionals is renowned for the excellence in its training standard and the first non-profit private jet industry association in Asia.
(b) Asian Business Aviation Association (AsBAA)
AsBAA Discovery is a non-profit association representing business and general aviation in Asia. THREE major benefits of joining this association: 1) Connect students and job-seekers of all ages with careers in business and private aviation; 2) Attend the unique and special events of AsBAA to enrich the industrial knowledge; 3) Excellent networking opportunities.
Sarah Kalmeta, Head of AsBAA Discovery
“We are truly excited about this step forward for AsBAA Discovery and the community. We are confident that the partnership with HKU SPACE will benefit young people while ensuring that business aviation is front and centre of aviation education programmes in Asia. We look forward to the programme’s launch and to furthering Discovery’s meaningful impact from the grassroots of education”.
(3) Financial Assistance:
(a) Maritime and Aviation Training Fund
The $100 million Maritime and Aviation Training Fund (MATF) approved by the Legislative Council in January 2014 came into operation on 1 April 2014. The Fund is to sustain and enhance existing training schemes and scholarships, as well for launching new initiatives for the aviation sector. The aim is to build up in due course a vibrant, diversified and competitive pool of professionals and technical personnel to support Hong Kong’s future development in the aviation sector. Each Eligible applicant of Professional Training and Examination Refund Scheme (ProTERS) are refunded with 80% of the fees after completing approved courses or passing examinations, subject to a cap of $18,000 (whichever is less) for the pre-approved course/examination (LINK ). Please note that the eligible applicant should be full-time employment in the aviation sector with an organization/company in Hong Kong.
(b) Continuing Education Fund (CEF)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund (CEF).
此課程已列入持續進修基金 CEF 認可課程(只限部分單元)
*According to the terms and conditions of the Continuing Education Fund, students seeking reimbursement of the fees under CEF must not have obtained any other publicity-funded financial assistance, such as MATF, for the same module to avoid double benefits.
(4) Valuable Field Trip Experiences:
Students will be arranged to overseas and/or local field trips (e.g. Zhuhai/Macau/Shanghai AIRSHOW, Hong Kong Business Aviation Centre, Private Jet aircraft visit, yacht club, luxury hotel, wine cellar, cigar shop, etc…). They will be able to learn the ground and/or on-board operation and procedures in real world setting through these visits, gain the latest development and trends of the business aviation industry from different guest speakers and teachers who are practitioners in the private jet management companies and/or luxury hospitality service providers.
(5) Experienced teachers:
Our teachers come from strong hospitality and/or business aviation industry background, and students will gain extensive industrial knowledge with a lot of insights from teachers.
Teacher/ Guest Speaker Profile:
Mr West Chun
Sino Jet Management Limited
- Business Jet Operations Management
- Flight Dispatch and Operations Control
- Customer Services
- Tourism and Travel Management
- Working in aviation industry from 1999
- FAA Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher
- Experienced in Commercial Aviation and Business Aviation including Operations control, Aircraft and Crew scheduling and Customer Services.
- Participated in management, operations setup of Commercial airline and Business aviation.
Ms Cindy Tse
Director Cabin Services,
Sino Jet Management Limited
“”This program is designed for any students who are interested in butler service provision in the luxury and private settings of hotels and resorts, yachts and private jets. Students will be introduced professional service skills and exceptional standards of butlers in different aspects, such as etiquette and protocol, valeting services, table management, housekeeping management to decorating tips and luxurious food & beverage preparation. These skills are all very essential in order to succeed.
My teaching philosophy is “to always thrive for the best” which means that students should always focus on positivity and improve for self- betterment. After completion of the course, we have several successful stories and some of them had final interviews lined up in the private jet sector industry. “”
- Commercial and Private Airline and Airport Management
- Leadership & Talent Development
- Luxurious Service & Hospitality
- Gained working experience in the aviation industry for more than 20 years
- Specialized in Team Leadership & Talent Management Programs
- Design and deliver behavioral and organizational development programs
- Certified Etiquette, Manners & Life Skills Trainer
- Certified Crew Resources Management Trainer
- Certified FISH ©Trainer
- CIPD In Learning & Development
- Energetic and experienced multi-lingual professional with solid track record of supporting senior executives in maintaining the highest standards of premium customer satisfaction
Mr Chris So
Media and Education Director, WINELIST.HK
WSET Diploma & Certified Educator
SCA Authorized Trainer
Judge for Wine Competitions
- Wine and Spirits knowledge
- Wine tasting and Etiquette
- Taught about wine for more than 6 years
- WSET Certified Educator
- Passed the Master of Wine (MW) Programme practical tasting papers on his first attempt in 2012
- On the final stage working on his MW Research Paper.
- Member of Greater China Wine Critics Association, an associate member of the Institute of Wines and Spirits (AIWS)
- Judge member of The Hong Kong Wine Judges Association
- judge for the “Decanter Asia Wine Awards", "Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Wine & Spirit Competition” and “Everyday Bordeaux”
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOME
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Discuss the market environment and management issues of private jet business;
- Explain and describe core private jet operational procedures;
- Describe the professional customer service standard of private jets;
- Illustrate the preparation and serving skills of food and beverage on board the private jets; and
- Identify the roles, attributes and responsibilities of a private jet flight attendant
This part-time “Certificate in Private Jet Hospitality Service Management” programme consists of 4 modules comprising 30 credits in total. Those 12-credit modules will have 36 face-to-face lecture hours and 8 hours for non-lecture activities, such as field trip, site visit and seminar. Students will be arranged to have field trips and site visits in Hong Kong and/or overseas so as to broaden exposure and learn in-depth about the industry. Overseas air shows in Zhuhai/Macau/Shanghai allow you to gain the insights of operation and procedure in a real world setting, and these are arranged at students’ own expenses. Those 3-credit modules will have 12 face-to-face lecture hours, with demonstrations, role-plays, wine and spirits tasting.
Details of Module
36 lecture hours +
8 hours for field trip/site visit/seminar
The comprehensive overviews of business aviation industry is needed in order to gain the insight of front-line operation and back-of-house management, such as:
36 lecture hours +
8 hours for field trip/site visit/seminar
The butler service skill is core knowledge to be acquired by private jet flight attendant, such as: