Accounting & Finance Accounting
September 2023 Intake is Now Open For Application
The programme aims to provide students with a solid foundation in the field of accounting, with a particular emphasis on the use of big data in accounting, and to enable graduates to pursue further studies as well as career enhancement.
Open SPACE 網上開放日 後疫情新常態：企業如何運用雲端智能會計及管理軟件？
This programme is a 2.5-year part-time advanced diploma programme, which will provide students with a solid foundation in the accounting and Big Data fields. Holders of the Advanced Diploma currently receive exemptions:
- Up to 3 papers' exemption from the ACCA;
- Up to 9 modules' exemptions from University of Hull Bachelor of Science (Hons) Accounting degree programme.
-Specially designed for students who aspire to pursue a career in accounting and Big Data.
-Part-time face-to-face teaching with high degree of flexibility where students can decide their own pace of study; and
-Strong academic support including free online supplementary learning and tutorials.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
1. apply the concepts and principles of accounting as a system of information for decision making;
2. record, prepare, present and analyse financial statements of an organisation;
3. apply the theories and concepts of business economics and financial management to analyse financial risks;
4. integrate broad business concepts with specialised knowledge in accounting;
5. design and implement methodologies for examining, verifying, evaluating financial statements of an organisation;
6. identify and discuss ethical issues related to business and accounting; and
7. apply and integrate the applications of Big Data, Blockchain and Analytics in accounting and corporate governance.
Exemptions up to 6 modules can be granted to students with suitable qualifications from recognised post-secondary institutions or professional bodies.
Assessment is based on coursework (40%), final examination (60%), and attendance (at least 70% of the sessions).
|Application Code||2145-AC070A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- Programme Duration:
Minimum: 2.5 Years; Normal: 3 Years and Maximum: 4 Years
最短：2.5年; 一般：3年; 最長：4年
1. Basic Accounting $4700
2. Business Economics (Economics) $4000
3. Business Economics (Statistics) $4000
4. Management Information Systems $4700
5. Financial Accounting $7900
6. Business Management (Marketing) $4000
7. Business Management (Organisational Behaviour) $4000
8. Management Accounting $4700
9. Auditing $4700
10. Financial Management $4700
11.Introduction to Big Data in Accounting $4700
12. Blockchain in Accounting $4700
13. Fundamentals of Governance, Compliance $4700
and Risk Analytics
*Course fees do not include textbook and are subject to change without prior notice.
There are 13 modules altogether, the majority of the modules consists of 36 hours of lecture and 18 hours of tutorial.
Most of the classes will be held once a week on weekday evenings, Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday morning/afternoon. The class for Financial Accounting may be held twice a week.
大部份學科每星期需上課一節，每節課時三個小時。一般於平日晚間或星期六下午 / 晚間 或星期日上午 / 下午上課。Financial Accounting ,每星期或需上課兩節。
- have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in 5 subjects including English Language, or equivalent; OR
- have gained at least pass in 1 AL or 2 AS-level subjects in HKALE; and 3 passes in the HKCEE PLUS Level 2/Grade E* or above in English Language, or equivalent; OR
- have a degree or diploma from a recognized institution, OR
- be mature students aged 21 or above.
* With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for English Language (Syllabus B), Grade C in the case of Syllabus A at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in the subject at HKCEE.
*Copies of ID card, academic certificates and transcripts are required for application.
- 香港高級程度會考考獲一科高級程度科目，或兩科高級補充程度科目合格；及香港中學會考考獲三科合格，以及英國語文考獲第二級 / E 級或以上成績，或具同等學歷；或
- HK$4000-4700* per module (Level 1)
HK$4000-7900* per module (Level 2 & 3)
* course fees are subject to change without prior notice.
港幣4,000-4,700元* 每學科單元 （第1級）
港幣4,000-7,900元* 每學科單元 （第2及3級）
* 學費調整, 不會另行通知.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Financial Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z114449||FEES $7,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Management Information Systems (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z114457||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Basic Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z114414||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Business Economics (Economics) (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z114422||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Management Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z114465||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Auditing (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z114473||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Financial Management (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z114481||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Business Management (Organisational Behaviour) (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z114503||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Introduction to Big Data in Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z114511||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Blockchain in Accounting (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z11452A||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Fundamentals of Governance, Compliance and Risk Analytics (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z114538||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Business Economics (Statistics) (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z114430||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Business Management (Marketing) (Module from Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z11449A||FEES $4,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Big Data
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right-hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.