Technology, Aviation, Engineering & SciencesAviation
ICAO Aviation English Language Proficiency Training
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 54 hours
- Course Fee
Discuss challenge of communication in real working environment in aviation...
This course does not teach general English; but is designed for students who aim to pursue a career as a Commercial Pilot and pass the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) English Proficiency Test at Level 4. The course design, curriculum and mock test are based on the requirements set out in the "Manual on the Implementation of ICAO Language Proficiency Requirements - 2nd addition 2010 doc 9835”.
The course consists of 54 lecture hours (18 lessons). Topics contain:
1. Air to Ground Communication
2. Cause and Effect
3. Questioning Techniques in the General Context of Aviation
4. Fatigue and Comparisons
5. Contrasting Ideas
6. Aviation Dilemmas Conditionals
7. Failed Landing Gear and Flight Deck Conversations
Students will be issued "Statement of Achievement" if:
1. achieve at least 70% of class attendance
2. pass the mock ICAO English test
|Application Code||1780-1965NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||02 Apr 2020 (Thu)|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Mon, Thu, 1900 - 2200
- Ms Rachel Sheiff - Aviation Communications Specialist and member of the International Civil Aviation English Association (ICAEA)
Class size: 20 - 25 students
Applicants shall have gained:
a. i) Level 2 in English Language in the HKDSE Examination; OR
ii) Level 2 in English Language in the HKCEE in or after 2007; OR
iii) Grade E in English Language (Syllabus B) or Grade C in English Language (Syllabus A) in the HKCEE before 2007
b. Be aged 18 or above.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
First Come First Served
- Course Fee : HK$11000
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants submit following items to any HKU SPACE Enrollment Centers:
-- Completed application form
-- Course fee
-- Proof of qualifications (1 photocopy) (Please bring along the original copy for vertification)
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of