Aviation, Transport and Logistics Aviation Operations and Management
此課程已列入<海運及空運人才培訓基金>的<專業培訓課程及考試費用發還計劃>名單，「基金」最多可獲發還80%或上限30,000港元的費用 (以數額較小者為準) 。
This programme aims at nurturing management professionals in various aviation sectors which focuses on operational and management issues in the aviation industry. A broad range of knowledge such as airline and airport operations and management, aviation business development, aviation safety issues, and air traffic management are covered in the programme.
The aviation industry of Hong Kong has been continuously expanding. With the development of the third runway, the aviation business will grow further. Sectors including airline, cargo, aircraft maintenance services, aviation security, etc. will be benefited. Current practitioners in the aviation industry and those who pursue a career in the aviation field are encouraged to enroll in this programme.
Maritime and Aviation Training Fund (Click here for details)
This programme contains 13 modules which have to be completed in 20 months. Classes will be conducted on weekday and/or weekend evenings.
The modules are as follows:
- Introduction to Aviation Industry
- Aviation Business Development and Operations
- Airline Management
- Air Cargo Services I
- Human Factors and Performance
- Risk Analysis and Management
- Air Cargo Services II
- Air Traffic Management
- Aircraft Weight Balance and Dispatch #
- Environmental Factors in Aviation
- Aviation Security and Contingency Planning
- Airport Operation
- Aviation Project
#This module is supported by the Jardine Airport Services Limited (JASL) with provision of certified trainers.
Assessment (except the Aviation Project module) includes continuous assessment (Weighting 50%) and examination (Weighting 50%). Continuous assessment will be in the form of written assignments and written test.
For the Aviation Project module, assessment includes continuous assessment only.
Students are required to pass all assessments and attain at least 75% attendance in each module.
The schedule of the classes will be normally 2 or 3 classes per week.
Classes will be conducted in two weekday evenings (7:15pm - 10:15pm) ; and/or Saturday evening (7:00pm - 10:00pm).
HKU SPACE Learning Centres (To be confirmed)
Applicants should possess the following requirements:
1. (a) (i) have gained three passes in HKCEE including Mathematics PLUS Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language, OR five passes in the pre 2007 HKCEE (including Chinese Language, English Language* and Mathematics); AND
(ii) have three years of relevant work experience
(b) (i) have gained in the HKALE Grade E in one AL subject or two AS subjects; AND
(ii) have one year of work experience
(c) (i) have gained in the HKDSE Examination** Level 2 or above in five subjects including Chinese Language, English Language and Mathematics; AND
(ii) have two years of work experience
2. be aged 21 or above
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
* Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A).
** Applicants are allowed to use not more than two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects in the application. The recognition of the ApL subjects is as follows:
Before 2018 HKDSE Examination
- “Attained with distinction” is deemed equivalent to Level 3; and
- "Attained" is deemed equivalent to Level 2
2018 HKDSE Examination or afterward
- “Attained with distinction (II)” is deemed equivalent to Level 4; and
- “Attained with distinction (I)” is deemed equivalent to Level 3; and
- "Attained" is deemed equivalent to Level 2
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$38,000 (by 2 instalments. 1st instalment – HK$25,000; 2nd instalment – HK$13,000)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management
|COURSE CODE 33F10565A||FEES $38,000||ENQUIRY 3762-0839|
|Air Cargo Services I and Air Cargo Services II (Modules from Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z147797||FEES $5,870 (for two modules)||ENQUIRY 3762-0839|
|Introduction to Aviation Industry & Aviation Business Development and Operations (Modules from Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z105660||FEES $5,870 (for two modules)||ENQUIRY 3762-0839|
|Airline Management & Risk Analysis and Management (Modules from Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z105679||FEES $5,870 (for two modules)||ENQUIRY 3762-0839|
|Human Factors and Performance & Environmental Factors in Aviation (Modules from Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z105687||FEES $5,870 (for two modules)||ENQUIRY 3762-0839|
|Air Traffic Management & Aircraft Weight Balance and Dispatch (Modules from Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z105695||FEES $5,870 (for two modules)||ENQUIRY 3762-0839|
|Aviation Security and Contingency Planning & Airport Operation (Modules from Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z105709||FEES $5,870 (for two modules)||ENQUIRY 3762-0839|
|Aviation Project & Airport Operation (Modules from Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z105717||FEES $5,870 (for two modules)||ENQUIRY 3762-0839|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Advanced Diploma in Aviation Operations and Management
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants should submit following items in person to any HKU SPACE Enrollment Center:
1). Application fee: HKD$150 (Non-refundable);
2). Application form SF26;
3). Hong Kong Identity Card photocopy;
4). Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
5). Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience (if any).
Applicants will be informed for the admission results after assessment.
Remarks: HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrollment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the course.
Accepted applicants will receive offer letter package and should bring along with offer letter and enrolment form when paying the course fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
Application for Module Exemption
-- relevant qualification / training / working experience
Supporting documents must be provided
(e.g. certificate of training, employment certificate)
-- submit application before class application deadline
-- submit application fee: HK$500 per module (Max. 2 modules, non-refundable)
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Aviation Operations and Management