Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Dietetics and Nutrition
The aim of this programme is to provide students with the basic knowledge in human biology and chemistry which will prepare them for further studies in the field of food and nutrition and related disciplines.
Programme Structure and Content
The total teaching hours is approximately 50 and extends over a period of approximately 3.5 months.
Organic Chemistry module
- Bonding and structure of chemical compound
- Chemical energetics
- Chemical kinetics
- Chemical equilibrium
- Functional groups in organic chemistry
- Electrophilic and nucleophilic reactions
- Introduction to stereochemistry and chirality
- The importance of stereochemistry and chiralty in biological system and pharmaceutical industry
Human Biology module
- Nutrition, health and disease
- Digestive system
- Respiratory system
- Circulatory system
- Basic immunology
- Chemical messengers
- Endocrine and nervous system
- growth and development
- introduction to genetics
Students who complete the course with a minimum of 80 % attendance rate and pass ALL assignments will be awarded a Statement of Achievement by HKU SPACE.
Students who have successfully completed this Level II course will be eligible to apply for the HKU SPACE Advanced Certificate in Human Biochemistry and Physiology.
|Application Code||2080-SC399A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Monday, 7:00pm - 9:30pm and
- Thursday, 7:00pm - 9:30pm; some Saturday afternoons
- HKU SPACE Learning Centre (Usually Fortress Hill, Causeway Bay or North Point)
- Course Fee : HK$6,800
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Interested candidates should apply by returning the enrolment form, together with relevant supporting documents, copy of Hong Kong Identity Card (or valid working/dependent visa with original entry permit) and a course fee to either:
- By Post: Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, HKU SPACE, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point (Attn to: Ms Yan Lam) OR
- In Person: any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Counters (Attn: Dietetics, Food and Nutrition) OR
- By online: through HKU SPACE website.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Dietetics and Nutrition