Technology, Aviation, Engineering & SciencesLibrary & Information Studies
Executive Certificate in Knowledge Management
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Financial assistance
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 28 Jul 2020 (Tue)
- 4 months
- English, supplemented with Cantonese
The programme is suited to prepare professionals or administrators who have to take their leadership in preparing and continuing the implementation of Knowledge Management in the areas of organising and improving knowledge capturing, creation, application and sharing in their organisations. Various aspects of knowledge management as well as the application of technology in this field will be covered. Participants will experience the use of tools in knowledge management, such as After Action Review, Action Learning and Knowledge Creation. Current practices of various KM Models will be discussed. Case studies will be used and examples of local organisations will be shared.
Tuesday 7:00 - 10:00 pm
1. Basic principles of Knowledge Management (KM);
2. KM Strategies, the Data, Information, Knowledge, Wisdom (DIKW) concepts and theories of knowledge;
3. Knowledge Management Audit;
4. KM Systems;
5. Technology in KM;
6. Basic understanding of Expert-system and data-mining;
7. Tools in KM: After Action Review and Action Learning Exercises;
8. Knowledge Sharing, Tool: Community of Practice;
9. Personal KM and Customer KM;
10. Organization Learning;
11. Visual Thinking and Innovation in KM;
12. KM in Project Management;
13. Future of KM;
14. MAKE Awards (Hong Kong Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise Award).
Certificate will be awarded to students who have successfully satisfied assessments (e.g. class exercises and group project) and attendance requirements (70%).
Applicants should hold:
(a) A bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
(b) An associate degree/a higher diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience; or
(c) Relevant professional qualifications.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on their individual merit.
- HK$10,000 (subject to review)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Executive Certificate in Knowledge Management
|COURSE CODE 21C05468-2||FEES $10,000||ENQUIRY 3762-0842|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|The Office of the Continuing Education Fund does not have record of registration of this course under the Qualifications Framework*
*This course is CEF reimbursable before the establishment of the Qualifications Framework
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- Please complete the Application for Enrollment Form (SF26), together with copies of relevant certificates and cheque payable to HKU SPACE, and
- Send to HKU SPACE Enrollment Centers in person, or send or fax to Ms. Katie Au-Yeung, HKU SPACE, 13/F Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.