Business & Management Human Capital Leadership
Certificate for Module (Management for Social Enterprises)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 08 Mar 2022 (Tue)
- 12 weeks
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$7500 per programme
The course aims to provide critical training for social enterprises management in managing for sustainability, financial viability and operational efficiency. The course also provide in-depth understanding about the nature, operational concerns and strategic positions of social enterprises.
In this 42 hours short course, the following topics will be covered:
- Social Capital & Sustainable development
- Ethics, CSR and governance of the organization
- Public Policies and Social Enterprises
- Social Enterprises and financial management
- Leadership and social entrepreneurship
- Poverty and economic development
- The development of social enterprises
- Project management
- Services as product
To successfully complete the Certificate for Module (Management for Social Enterprises), students must
- Attendance not less than 75% of the classes and
- An overall pass rate of 50%
|1||08 March 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
|2||15 March 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
26 March 2022 ( Sat )
|Self - Arranged|
|4||29 March 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
|5||05 April 2022 ( Sat )||Self - Arranged|
|6||12 April 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
|7||19 April 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
|8||26 April 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
|9||03 May 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
|10||10 May 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
|11||17 May 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
|12||24 May 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
|13||31 May 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
|14||07 June 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
|15||14 June 2022 ( Tue )||19:00 - 22:00|
To Be Advised.
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- The course has 14 meetings; 3 hours each; total 42 hours.
- hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
- have achieved a level in relevant professional qualifications equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$7500 per programme
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Management for Social Enterprises)|
|COURSE CODE 21C08464-6||FEES $7,500||ENQUIRY 2867-8477|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Management for Social Enterprises)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) Photocopies of HKID card
b) Photocopies of relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials
c) Photocopies of documentary proof of the applicant's working experience.
*Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres.Payment Method
Tuition fees must be settled at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for the application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- Applicants must print out and sign on the payment slip (if any) before settling the tuition fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- Online payment is unavailable for this programme.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- Relevant Programmes
- Executive Certificate in Corporate Social Responsibility